-Caveat Lector-

Oh please, based on the bioethics teachings being done in the
universities these days, I'm more worried about being killed off by
those who think my life is of no value.  Heaven forbid I get in an
automobile accident and be considered handicapped.  I've was thru all of
this with a relative's death.  He wasn't ready to go, but some doctors
felt he was hanging around too long.  One of them told me to my face
during the last month that he should have died sooner even though he
wasn't in pain at all.  You really have no clue as to what is going on
in hospitals and nursing homes these days, why some people refuse to
leave their family members alone in a hospital or nursing home.  One
doctor told me that my relative wasn't responding at all.  I was there
every day and this relative was responding to my questions though he
couldn't talk because of a tracheotomy which he wouldn't have needed if
he hadn't been rushed out of the hospital into a nursing home.  I told
this sellout to the HMO who was paying this salary that he had with no
heart and his life seemed to be of little value, but I wouldn't think of
asking him to end his life for that reason.  Talk to people who work in
nursing homes.  I talked to many.  Talk to some of the chaplains in
hospitals.  Start doing a little research on the Futile Care committees
being set up in hospitals.  They really couldn't care what you want or
don't want to do with your life.  Spare me the clichés.

Abortion or euthanasia, voluntary or involuntary.  Jew or non-Jew.  A
human life devoid of value is the topic that must be debated.