-Caveat Lector-

Samatha 'Smith' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 4/23/99 3:41:39 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> << You will do everything in your power to contort your mind, belief and
> outlook so that you will not have to admit that UFOs
>  and abductions are real and the implications that has. But hey, whatever
> gives you peace enough to sleep at night and believe that you are acting in a
> rational manner, and the world is a safe, beautiful place. >>
>
>     I agree but for different reasons.  There is convincing evidence, IMO,
> that the military is conducting faux-abduction scenarios, yet there is also
> compelling evidence that real UFO's and otherworldy visitors have an interest
> in our planet.
>     It's not even logical to assume we're alone and unvisited.  It's
> statistically improbable that we're the only intelligent (heh heh) life in
> the universe.  I see no contradiction in believing that both scenarios are
> real.
>     I don't see people here not believing in real UFO's out of fear, though,
> but out of a reluctance to hope that not all beings are pond-scum like we
> are.  I DO think the "evil aliens" theory has been pushed by the world
> governments.  The "real" aliens, as I see them, are not pond-scum.
>
> Samm

Exactly there are many different alien groups, and yes it does appear that there are
military operations that involve abductions. That is one of their tactics--if some of
the abductions can be pointed to as being done by military personnel, then many will
say well that explains ALL abductions and UFOs. It is disinformation at its best. Just
as skeptics try to find small inconsistincies in reports of UFOs, conspiracy, etc and
then use those small and often irrelevant inconsistincies to debunk ALL that is
reported. In reference to the recent posts of the book claiming that UFOs are
man-made, this follows the same disinformation pattern as above, and while I detest
it, I have to admit that it is remarkably effective. Yes, SOME UFOs ARE MAN-MADE, but
if our relatively backward scientists can develop UFOs, why can't more advanced races?
Everyone uses
Frank Drakes equation and mathematical probabilities to justify or debunk the reality
of aliens, but what strikes me is that when I watched Whitley Strieber's CONFIRMATION
on NBC a while back, it was the scientists who are supposedly about looking for new
possibilities and pushing the realm of possibility--specifically the SETI and skeptics
who were cited in the program--who seemed to be the ones saying this is not possible,
this is a hoax. In orther words it was the scientists who have the limited thinking
when they and TRUE SCIENCE should be LIMITLESS and promoting the idea of possibility
and making that possibility a reality.  Now let me say that yes some of the program
seemed hokey and over-dramatized, but the mulitple sightings of objects in the sky in
Mexico and the Ohio Police chase of a UFO were compelling. On the issue of scientists
being closed-minded, that, too is remarkable effective because the ignorant masses
think that science is about new possibilities and new !
realms, so if you PLACE people into scientific positions that the public will accept
as legitimate, and they promote your beliefs that all that is known we already know,
well you can see the ramifications of that and how easy it is for the public to remain
limited in their scope of what is real and what is possible.