-Caveat Lector-

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:34:37 -0300
>>Again, solely a matter of FAITH...
>
>True, as Kierkegaarde noted one must make a leap of faith. All >religious
>constructs are subjective and fideistic and, in my opinion, >irrational and
>anti-rational. Credo quia absurdum est!

But irrationality and anti-rationality are not necessarily 'bad'...
some of the greatest discoveries were made via an irrational process, and we
would not have great art or music or literature if it wasn't for that
irrational/'anti-rational' element within us...

The trick is to recognize it for what it is, and neither invalidate it nor
give it undue power...

>>No, they capture the loving and faithful motherlike nature of the >>Great
>>Mother Goddess (if they are of the wiccan-ilk)...
>

>Which 'Great Mother Goddess'? The castrating Cybele?

No, the loving caress of Kali....    ;-)

June