-Caveat Lector-

Of course, MJ, Bastiat and company cannot be classified as "libertarians."
However, all of them are often used BY libertarians to support their
philosophy...their writings provide excellent snippets and blurbs for
their missives. I can't remember ever hearing anyone mention Lysander
Spooner BEFORE the libertarian movement became popular. But you are NOT a
libertarian.  Thanks for the clarification.

Sorry.  Your post DOES represent an attack on me (to the person).

You set up the following.  Individuals who believe that
governments have the right to collect taxes for social welfare programs
are engaged in an act of theft. ("theft" "rape" "stealing"--strong
pejorative terms).  Unstated assumption of your statement:
William agrees with the government's right to collect taxes to be used for
social welfare programs (spending which you disapprove of); therefore
William supports theft.