-Caveat Lector-

----------
>From: Ric Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [CTRL] The Protocols
>Date: Fri, Aug 13, 1999, 7:01 PM
>

>  -Caveat Lector-

Simply randomly choosing to believe one thing over another and to think that
this is a rational way of choosing one's beliefs is not the manner I
personally wish to operate. I prefer to weigh the evidence as best I can and
deduce some reasonable model of reality in which I operate. Of course, I
realize that I have made in the past inaccurate choices and do not have a
fully accurate model of reality. However, I believe that my present model is
more accurate than my past models and hope to continue to improve in just
the same way as humanity in general has made some improvements. We no longer
believe, for example, that the earth is flat.

As for the "Protocols" specifically. My info on the origin, as stated above,
is not certain by any means. I haven't held the supposed original book in my
hands and even if I had, it wouldn't have done me much good since I don't
read French. However, Ravenscroft seemed to be fairly believable and his
story made sense. If it were true, then it would indicate a creation earlier
than the Jewish conference which was held in the 1890s. That would tend to
indicate that its creation was independent of any Jewish involvement.

Howard Davis