-Caveat Lector-

----------
>From: Ric Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [CTRL] The Protocols
>Date: Sat, Aug 14, 1999, 1:47 AM
>

>  -Caveat Lector-

You present an all encompassing conspiracy as the controller of all media
and then treat this straw man as unbelievable and thus assert all conspiracy
theories as too complex. This strawman conspiracy theory may be too complex,
but that does not prove that others are not true. Also, the Joley book never
apparently claimed to be a description of any plan known to Joley, just a
theoratical construct. It may have been constructed from observations of
actions of elites of the time or a projection similar to that of "1984" or
"Brave New World". That Joley was said to later have been imprisoned would
seem to indicate that he was not working for the "conspiracy". However, that
his book might be used by some uncreative Russian secret police operative
seems like a reasonable theory. It would surprize me that they would have
been able to come up with a creative and complex document such as the
Protocals on their own. Or at least it should be admitted that they would
probably have used something as a model. One of the problems of these types
is that they really are not that creative.

Howard Davis