-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 9/6/99 5:01:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Stressed?  We all get stressed . . .  it still gives no one the right to
>  take another's life,  muchless twelve people plus one's own life in the
>  process.
>
>  There was no governmental abuse in this particular incident.  It is clearly
>  a case of someone who went out of control because he could not deal with
his
>  own self deficiencies,  and failure when he was fired from his job.
Clearly
>  a mental disorientation...  nothing more,  nothing less.
>
>  I will remain in agreement with my local news paper who posted the
following
>  article ten years later,  regarding the incident to remember those who
still
>  hurt,  and forget the media blitz that does not often relay the truth of
the
>  matter.
>  >>

I merely painted a picture that could explain much activity of this kind in
the Postal Service.  I never intended to EXCUSE the behavior, everyone must
be responsible for their actions and NO ONE has the right to take anyone
else's life, except in self defense.  You automatically assume this is the
case, and I will tell you that that is a wrong approach.  Furthermore are you
personally aware of the activities of this individual before, during, and
after the killings?  Or are you relying on media reports?  What could have
caused this individual to be so disturbed?  Could he have been provoked?  I
don't know the answer to these questions but I am certainly willing to see
that there is more than one simple explanation for why it happened, and for
the phenomenon as a whole.  I DO NOT CLAIM any special knowledge and DO NOT
claim to know who, what, why, or where.  I merely question and present what I
do know, and extrapolate, that does not mean my speculations are true.  This
individual could have been a real loony and he just went off the deep end.  I
would prefer to look at the whole picture and note that he worked in a
stressful environment, he was already unstable, he may have easily snapped if
just given a little push, did someone give him a push, knowing or suspecting
the outcome?  Even if true it is not an excuse for this heinous (or any
other) crime (unless he really was being controlled by outside parties [y]
and had NO control over his actions, which I believe is possible but
ultimately unproveable for the time being and thus irrelevant).