-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: earthman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> The company engineers were said (by Vermillion) to have measured an
> output /input ratio of 4.3 / 1. The printed literature, which I received
> in a Fedex packet from Vermillion states that the device can put out 500
> watts (maximum) with an input of 34 watts.

Ah, delivered by FedEx.  That makes it official, then...

> For those of you who wonder why the device is not self-sustaining - oral
> info from Vermillion is that Minato will in the course of one of the
> demonstrations *remove the battery power supply*  and let the device
> self-run - presumably with a load.

Why not just drive cross-continent in a vehicle powered by the free-
energy device?  Demonstrations are nice; useful applications are
convincing.  If a free-energy device worked, some greedy capitalists
would be making pile of money with it, and the big energy corporations
would either have bought into it, or be out of business.

Could megacorps suppress a free-energy device?  In some places, for a
while, sure.  But suppose I'd designed such a device, and a simple
method for producing it, and I don't want to be suppressed - what do
I do?  How about: I go to Cuba, to North Korea, to Iraq, to Burma, to
'pariah' states where international cartels don't have a lot of sway.
And I pitch a plan to the ruling juntas, a plan whereby they can earn
a shitload of hard currency and deal a savage blow to international
capitalism at the same time.  Would they go for it?  Would Saddam,
Castro, Kim, like to churn out a cheap product that would have great
demand, that would earn a bunch of money, that would cripple the very
megacorps that profit from the exploited, and that would free them
from the sanctions of the international system?  Probably.

The U.S. is a good place to pitch bogus inventions - there are always
suckers to invest.  The U.S. is a good place to pitch real inventions
that aren't destabilizing - more profits to be made, eh?  But the U.S.
is NOT a good place to pitch destabilizing inventions.  If you see a
demonstration in the U.S. of a device that will obviously obliterate
whole industries, it's probably bogus.  Much better to take it to
where it'll be appreciated, eh?