-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990912a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No UFOs were sighted in Botswana during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Discs Seen Across Face Of Moon - Huge Triangles Seen Around US. Since the
  first of the month, there has been a spectacular display of the re-entry
  of Russian space debris into our atmosphere as UFOs dart around at lower
  altitudes. IN NEW YORK DISCS MOVE ACROSS THE MOON. PENNSYLVANIA ABDUCTION
  FROM AIR FORCE BASE. MUFON OF VIRGINIA - SIGHTING & ALLEGED ABDUCTION.
  IOWA PILOT SEES FLYING TRIANGLE SEEDING CLOUDS. TEXAS & CALIFORNIA FLYING
  TRIANGLES. RUSSIAN BOOSTER REENTRY, AUSTRALIA AND WESTERN USA.
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo4/flyers91199.htm

# ETs & Ground Traces Found in Quebec? http://sightings.com/ufo4/queb.htm
@ LA Topanga Canyon UFO Sightings: http://www.sightings.com/ufo4/lufo.htm
@ Italian UFOcrash: real or not? http://web.tiscalinet.it/ky/ufocrashita.htm

: Have you seen any UFOs lately? Have any UFOs seen you? Have you been ab-
ducted? Have you abducted anyone? Are you triangular? Do you triangulate??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# UFO 'Invasion' Outcry Spreads To Virginia. Another legal front opened up
  in the dawning battle between UFO activists and the US govt in the form
  of an upcoming Virginia petition demanding prompt action against alien
  invaders, to compel Virginia authorities to uphold their Constitutional
  obligation to protect citizens from the "clandestine invasion" of UFOs.
  http://www.space.com/area51/virginia.html

: Have'ya been clandestinely invaded? If it's clandestine, how can'ya tell?
Have you tracked the invaders? Have you captured or killed any? Is it fun??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Gordon Cooper Says No UFO On His Mercury Flight. Pioneering astronaut
  Gordon Cooper denies being the first astronaut to see a UFO while in
  orbit, but stands by his reports of a strange encounter over Germany in
  the 1950s. Cooper flatly denied the long-standing claim, repeated over
  the years by various authors including UFOlogical saints Allen Hynek and
  Jacques Valley, that he saw a greenish object with a red tail move past
  his Mercury 9 spacecraft in 1963. http://www.space.com/area51/cooper.html

: Have you been in space lately? Did you see any UFOs? Did you tell anyone?
Did anyone think you told them? Do you see more UFOs in space or on Earth?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

? SIGHTING. Today in Argentina there was a sighting of 4 UFO's flying in
  formation and doing the usual dance... Anyone got more info on this one??
  Gerardo E. Arceri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

# CROP CIRCLE REPORTs. Update on Neilburg, Saskatchewan Crop Formation.
  Additional images, including an updated diagram and some excellent
  ground shots, are now available: http://caus.org/ccr091199.htm

# UFO REPORTs - 1) UFO Immobolizes Wheelchair - 2) Landed UFO in 1977 -
  For both reports, please go to: http://caus.org/mu091199.htm

: Where do you report your UFO and crop-circle sightings? Do we need one
central clearing-house? Would it quickly be controlled by gov't agents??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Nikola Tesla... Erased At The Smithsonian. DECEPTION AT THE SMITHSONIAN!
  Its curators essentially credit Edison for our worldwide system of elec-
  tricity. They also credits Marconi for the invention of radio. This is a
  deliberate assault on factual history and needs to be challenged.  WHO
  DO YOU BELIEVE? http://www.concentric.net/~Jwwagner/p2.html

: Have you revised history lately? Have you reprogrammed cultural memories?
Who do you work for? Why do they want these changes? How much do they pay?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

# More spies to be named. Up to 12 more Brits recruited into the KGB will
  be unmasked later this week. Some are still alive and living in the UK.
  http://www.independent.co.uk/sindy/stories/A1209901.html
# Former Spy Says Russia Buried Explosives In U.S (Reuters):
  http://news.excite.com/news/r/990911/13/news-usa-spy

@ BABYLON TRANSLATORS software translates English to Dutch, French, German,
  Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and/or Portuguese. Free downloads:
  http://www.babylon.com/eng/download/download.html

# RUSSIA BOMBS DAGESTAN REBELS AFTER LOSING COPTER - Muslim villages pounded
  into mush: http://cnn.com/WORLD/europe/9909/12/russia.dagestan.01.reut/
# IRAN COURT SENTENCES FOUR TO DEATH FOR JULY UNREST - dissent is a capitol
  offense: http://cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9909/12/iran.unrest.reut/index.html

@ How And Why We Are Training Our Kids To Kill:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics4/howwhy.htm
@ Terminator and Traitor agribiz technologies:
  www.rafi.org & http://www.ucsusa.org/

# United States Complicity in East Timor:
  http://www.thenation.com/issue/990927/0927nairn.shtml
# Death Invades a Church - Catholic Nun Tells How Timorese Militias Cut
  Down Priests With Bursts of Gunfire: http://iht.com/IHT/PDF/1109.PDF

# CLINTON: U.S. MIGHT SEND 'LIMITED' NUMBER OF TROOPS TO EAST TIMOR:
  http://cnn.com/WORLD/asiapcf/9909/12/us.indonesia/index.html
# Indonesia Invites U.N. Peacekeepers To East Timor. JAKARTA (Reuters) Pres.
  Habibie said he would invite U.N. peacekeepers to the troubled territory
  of East Timor. http://news.excite.com/news/r/990912/09/news-timor-leadal

# This Week In Sex: http://www.nervemag.com/ThisWeekinSex/
# Microsoft.orgy - MICROSOFT HOSTS A GLOBAL SEX PARTY:
  http://www.salonmagazine.com/21st/feature/1998/07/cov_21feature.html

@ PROP.SYS.12: No Sympathy For Redmond: http://propaganda.system12.com/
# WebTV Hires Telepaths - rated P-10 & higher for 1st-tier tech support:
  http://segfault.org/story.phtml?mode=2&id=3766c7d2-01e406a0

# '9999' Glitch Suspected In Chinese Corporate Exchange Failure:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics4/china9999_p.htm
# Y2K - US Aviation Gets High Marks - But Work Remains:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics4/Y2Kaviation_p.htm

  "I bet that's a joke. I bet it is. I can't be sure, but I bet it is."
  "Did you know that termites shoot acid from their foreheads?"
  "I shall uphold my optimism unto the bitter end."
   --WILY COYOTE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* http://skepticon.da.ru (updated) * ICQ# 19633976 * FAX: 603-415-3736
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/SkeptiNews archives: http://skeptifiles.da.ru (belated)
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *