-Caveat Lector-

----------
> From: Ric Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> # 'Y2K: THE MOVIE' - NEW YEAR MEETS MURPHY'S LAW. The premise behind
NBC's
>   Sunday-night special, "Y2K: The Movie," is simple: If everything can go
>   wrong, it will. Murphy's Law is the star of this show, a fictional
account
>   of coming Y2K havoc that includes food and cash shortages, power
outages,
>   a plane falling out of the sky, even a prison riot. Never mind all
those
>   pronouncements from govt and the private sector that widespread mishaps
>   are unlikely. The movie devises as many as it can. "Paranoia is our
most
>   important product" - see http://cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9911/18/nbc.y2k.ap/

Having watched this movie last night I don't see what all the uproar was
about.  This flick was too boring for words and in MHO had a zero
fear-factor.  Ken Orlin as the mighty hero limped and whined his way
through a tedious and predicable plot.  The only thing believable about
this movie was the be-glittered teenage daughter who had a penchant for
sneaking out at night, playing one parent against the other, and basically
doing a GREAT job of expressing adolescence in that annoying way that teens
are apt to do.  My overall rating for this movie:  One Big Yawn.

Hilary