-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991114a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* Happy birthday Wayne, Bruce, Jean, Jeanne, Larry... aw, hell with Larry!
* No state capitals were invaded by mercenaries to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Politics In Hollywood: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/arts/nutz1.png
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Number Of Potentially Hazardous Asteroids Grows To 200. Officials at the
  Minor Planet Center announced the addition of a 200th asteroid to a list
  of Potentially Hazardous Asteroids (PHAs). These rocks in space can pass
  within 5 million miles of Earth and are brighter than magnitude 22, a
  measurement that suggests the asteroids are more than about 600 feet
  across. http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/stroids.htm

#  Class 'M' Solar Mass Ejection Likely To Strike Earth November 15:
   http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/Updateclassm.htm

: Will terrestrial devastation via Solar [Coronal] Mass Ejection [CME] be my
birthday gift? Would you rather be destroyed by CME, asteroid strike, global
warming, plague, divine will, nukes, locusts/ants, chupacabras, HAARP, sex?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

$ PROFITS CONFAB. Prophets Conference ~ Santa Fe - Rearrange the planetary
  field of consciousness & shake the foundations of consensus Reality by
  igniting the powerful divine spark within us all. We're on a very long
  journey leading to our becoming the New People, standing ready for the New
  Reality. Our quest for transformation calls for healing the split between
  science & spirituality, between the physical & the metaphysical, between
  body & mind, between time & eternity, and between ourselves & our Earth.
  We are the mystics, the scientists, the artists, the cybernauts, the
  explorers, the dreamers, the magicians, the visionaries, the shaman, the
  mapmakers, the lovers, and the healers, stepping out from the fringe, and
  coming together to redefine the possible. Together, we unlock the great
  life force and evolve into novelty and breakthrough, allowing our visions
  to come true. Wooga wooga: http://greatmystery.org/santafeconference.html

: Do you ignite your divine spark to light farts? Does the New Reality cost
more than the Old? Does the split between time & eternity drain your laptop
batteries? Why have multiple mystics/lovers/healers but just one shaman? If
you unlock a great life force will the cats escape? D'ya charge for visions?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# S. Carolina Capital Attacked by UN, Marines. Columbia, South Carolina is
  currently being subjected to a Urban Warfare assault by masses of U.S.
  Marines and U.N. troops. Although the assault was originally scheduled
  to last a week, it was then extended to a month; the occupation is now
  indefinate: http://www.thestate.com/headlines/a1docs/aaron_marines13.htm

: What cities/towns/villages would you most like to invade? Have you invaded
any lately? Were they worth the bother? Would you rather go to Las Vegas???

@ Psychotropic Accountability:
  http://users.erols.com/igoddard/littleton.htm
  http://users.erols.com/igoddard/conyers.htm
  http://users.erols.com/igoddard/prozac.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Holy Shroud Speaks of Millennium, Apocalypse. DALLAS (PRNewswire) Put
  aside for a moment the question of whether the Shroud of Turin is really
  the Holy Shroud, the cloth in which Jesus was buried. Ask instead what
  difference it would make, one way or the other. Or if you really give a
  rat's ass about it: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/991109/holiday_pa_1.html

: Do you care about the Turin Shroud? Have you enriched authors who blather
about it? Do you engage in heated argument over it? Do you yourself foment
such debate, profit from the arguments, exploit the fraud, blather? Why not?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ SciBorg - Vision: http://www.scicentral.com/Y-scborg.html#vision

# Surgeons Hail Blindness Cure: [BBC News]
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_226000/226988.stm
# Seeing is Believing: (synthetic vision systems) [Technology Review]
  http://www.techreview.com/articles/may99/chase.htm
# Now You See It: [New Scientist]
  http://www.newscientist.com/ns/981107/nretina.html
# Implantable Visual Prosthesis May Deliver Sight to the Blind: [IIT]
  http://www.quad-net.com/archive/BLIND7-7IIT
# Vision of the Future: [BBC]
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_472000/472796.stm
# False Eye "Grown" in Man's Cheek: [Connected2]
  www.telegraph.co.uk:80/et?ac=000343180237640&pg=/et/99/3/25/ecneye25.html

: What's y'r favorite visual prosthesis? Do you need more eyes? Are eyes too
limited? Should wideband EMF sensors plug directly into your visual centers?
Do you have such implants already? D'ya pity those who merely 'see'? Should/
do swarms of tiny flying sensors float around you, giving a "big picture"
of your surroundings? Do these make you invulnerable to all threats? Yeah?

# Neurobiology: Focus Report: http://www.scienceweek.com/swfr026.htm
# Neurobiology: Plasticity/Memory: http://scienceweek.com/swfr061.htm
# Neurobiology: Ion Channels: http://www.scienceweek.com/swfr066.htm
# Neurobiology: Circadian Rhythms: http://scienceweek.com/swfr057.htm
# Neurobiology: Neurotransmitters: http://scienceweek.com/swfr051.htm
# Neurobiology: SubConsciousness: http://scienceweek.com/swfr077.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Opening Secret U-Files. GILMOUR, Ont. If, as The X-Files tells us, "The
  Truth is Out There", Agent Mulder may well be referring to rural Ontario.
  For deep in the hinterlands of this seemingly normal province, ordinary
  people report seeing extraordinary things. Clusters of blinding lights.
  A V-shaped object gliding low over a country home. Mysteries that fleet-
  ingly suggest Toronto may not be the Centre of the Universe. Call'em the
  U-Files. Unexplained. Unusual. And sometimes, just plain Unfathomable.
  (Oh yeah. 'U' is also for 'UFOs.') http://sightings.com/ufo5/secretu.htm

: Is your town The Centre Of The Universe or not? Do you see unusual things?
Even with the TV turned off? Even with the glue tube capped? Even awake???

@ Great Lakes Ghost Hunter Society: http://members.tripod.com/~glghs
@ Contrails/Chemtrails Over Michigan: http://members.tripod.com/~michcon
@ Michigan Anomalous Information Network: http://members.tripod.com/~mainorg
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  As the velvet squid wrapped its cold, mossy tentacles ever more tightly
  around her lower limbs, Alicia ceased her struggles, and loosening her
  grasp on her high school ring, she let it fall into the depths of the
  aquamarine waters surrounding Cataline Island, murmuring weakly, "Let
  it lie there, as my broken body will lie, alone and abondoned, a puzzle
  to the glass-bottom boats and an eternal reproach to my fiance, that
  faithless snorkeler." --Anne Pautler

* http://sonic.net/~ric UPDATED * ICQ# 19633976 * FAX: 603-415-3736
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!