-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990916a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No Y2K bugs manifested during production of this bulletin. @)*Y^)(*G&H5p!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Antarctica Gives Clues To 'Lost' Supernova. LONDON (Reuters) Evidence of
  a "lost" supernova that exploded some 700 years ago has turned up in the
  snows of Antarctica. Dated concentrations of nitrates coincide with super-
 novae: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/19990915/sc/science_supernova_1.html

: Have you lost a supernova lately? Where could it have gone? Did you look
everywhere? Do mind-control rays or alien implants impede your searching?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Want to help kids learn to fear those awful Jews? It's time for White
  Pride for Kids: http://kids.stormfront.org/ (from the people that brought
  you The History of the White Race). http://stormfront.org/whitehistory/
  (Warning: contains particularly insipid racist drivel.)

# Croatia urged to ban Nazi book - "Mein Kampf" incites hate, genocide:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561175577-847
# US Men View Women As The Enemy: http://sightings.com/politics4/women.htm
$ Ritual Abuse Bookstore online: http://www.ra-info.com/

: Do you have enemies? Are you the enemy? Are you abused? Do you abuse? Was
Hitler right? About what? Are you proud? Are you awful? Should you go away?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Grey/human hybrid breeding program. When I was 12 years old, I dreamed I
  was pregnant, and it actually felt that way for a while afterwards. Then
  after a month or 2 the feeling went away. I didn't think much of it since
  I was still a virgin. I started having very heavy periods. And since then,
  occasionally I'd dream of being pregnant and having babies, but I always
  thought it was symbolic. Apparently not!  http://caus.org/pc082799.htm

: Have you been raped by aliens/angels/demons/deities lately? Do they take
the offspring away? Are you one of their favorite breeders? Are they nice??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# AIDS HERESIES: FROM MAVERICK SCIENCE TO CONSPIRACY THEORY. Although nearly
  all scientists believe that AIDS is caused by the human immunodeficiency
  virus (HIV), a small but vocal minority insists that there is no proof of
  this. Others say they are indeed linked, but were deliberately created as
  a genocidal or biological warfare experiment. Duesberg has published in
  numerous journals: http://cnn.com/HEALTH/AIDS/9909/15/aids.heresies3/

: Have you created any pandemics or conspiracy theories lately? Is a panic
as effective as a pandemic? Do you panic? Are you a small, vocal minority?

# Also - Vaccinations May Be Rx For Disaster:
  http://www.insightmag.com/articles/story4.html
# Vitamin C May Interfere With Chemotherapy Of Cancer Tumors:
  http://www.sightings.com/health3/vitaminCandChemo_h.htm
# Mercury 65 Times Over Safe Limits Now In Midwest Rain And Snow:
  http://www.sightings.com/earthchanges/mercurylimits_e.htm

: What's your favorite health catastrophe? Do you promote illness? Are your
alien masters pleased? Will they harvest us soon? Will you be evacuated???
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Technology aims to locate 911 calls. WASHINGTON (AP) Feds move to ensure
  that cell phone users dialing 911 automatically give emergency dispatchers
  a key piece of information: their location. FCC sets tech standards - see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561171781-d97

# Report urges tough Web stalking laws. SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP)  Federal and
  state laws should be strengthened to help curb the growing problem of on-
  line stalking, a U.S. Justice Department report recommends. See
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561179020-502

: Have you been stalked lately? Was it cops? Do they track your cellphone,
your implant, your brainwaves? Do they know where you are at all times??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ CARL SAGAN'S TOP 12 DISCOVERIES MADE WHILE STONED.
  Copyright 1999 by Chris White, www.topfive.com

12> The period of rotation of Pulsar JC9270 totally synchs up with
    the drum solo in "In A Gadda Da Vida," man!
11> "Twinkies, Twinkies, little stars; seem so close, yet are so far."
10> The Theory of Munchitivity:  At times, peanut butter is more
    valuable than gold.
 9> The sensor casing from a mass spectrometer makes a handy roach clip.
 8> "Some day, with all of our advances in science and technology,
    we'll be able to land a man on the sun."
 7> The Big Bong Theory
 6> If you took a hit while travelling at the speed of light, you'd
    get one major rush, dude.
 5> Betty Crocker brownies > Duncan Hines brownies
 4> "Theory of Joint Relativity": A complex quantum physics equation that
    proves that the more pot you smoke, the slower your automobile travels
    with you at the wheel.
 3> Floyd rocks!
 2> A single "You Are Here" sign will work EVERYwhere.
 1> Wow, man!  There are, like, a LOT of stars.  There must be *hundreds*
    of 'em.  Maybe even *thousands*.  No, millions and millions!  Wait --
    I'm onto something here...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Security-R-Us

# Female Spy Files Discrimination Suit Against CIA
  http://news.excite.com/news/r/990915/20/politics-spies-lawsuit
# Israel: Ex-security agents allege cover-up in torture death:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561175876-257
# Details on Carlos the Jackal sought - may have been illegally arrested:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561176992-fa6

# NATIONAL ARCHIVES RELEASES FBI FILES ON LINDBERGH KIDNAPPING:
  http://cnn.com/US/9909/15/lindbergh.files/index.html
# Oklahoma City bombing prosecutor resigns - "I think the facts are out:"
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561180032-3f6
# Foster Death Report Unsealed - Professional Hit, Conspiracy, Cover-Up:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/19990915_xex_foster_death.shtml

# Branch Davidians' lawsuit delayed - more time to deliver evidence:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561177164-17d
# Reno & Waco: A Case of 'Should Have Known'? The FBI says it told the AG's
  people about the tear gas canisters, but it seems the message didn't reach
  the AG: http://pathfinder.com/time/daily/0,2960,30928-101990915,00.html

  "Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." --Karl Jung

* http://skepticon.da.ru (updated) * ICQ# 19633976 * FAX: 603-415-3736
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/SkeptiNews archives: http://skeptifiles.da.ru (belated)
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *