-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991118a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* Please DO NOT include the entire bulletin when you reply; Cut/Paste, eh?
* No prehistoric felines were captured during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Doodie. Oh my. http://www.doodie.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Astronomers scan skies for meteors. (AP) Waves of fireballs lit the skies
  like lightning over the sands of Arabia as the much-heralded Leonid meteor
  shower swelled into the heaviest storm of shooting stars in 33 years. All
  around the world, astronomers and amateur stargazers stared upward from
  dark fields, beaches and mountaintops. The storm, which could be the most
  intense for decades to come, was probably the most studied in history. See
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562126837-fb2
# Also: Technology boosts meteor sightings, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562123521-f4e

: Did you see'em or were you clouded in like me? After all I've done for the
ETs, shouldn't they have lifted the veils so I could see the lights? <bzzzt>

# Suspected Meteor Damage And Fire In Whitehouse, Tennessee:
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/meteorfire.htm
# Hundreds Of UFO Reports In Kentucky/Cincinnati & Eastern US:
  http://www.sightings.com/ufo5/hundreds.htm

# More Arizona Flying Triangles: http://www.caus.org/ft111899.htm
# Green And Blue Fireballs; Yow: http://www.caus.org/mu111899.htm
# Major UFO Event Tuesday Night: http://www.caus.org/cc111899.htm
# Many UFOs Sighted in Western UK: http://www.caus.org/mu111799.htm
# Major UFO Event - Tuesday Night: http://www.caus.org/mu111699b.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Researchers extend lifespan of mice. (AP) The strongest evidence yet that
  aging in mammals is controlled by a genetic switch was found by Italian
  scientists who engineered mice to live longer by boosting their resistance
  to the damage oxygen can do to cells. The mice suffered no apparent side
  effects. http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562124011-633

: Do we really want long-lived mice running around? Won't they learn more,
and eventually challenge us for mastery of the planet? Can we build enough
nanobots to rid us of the competition? Suppose the supermice gain control of
the 'bots and turn'em against us - do we deserve that? Suppose they develop
superior culture - d'ya wanna play second fiddle to rodents? D'ya already?

@ Technology, celebrity culture, pop therapies, and all that anxious
  mysticism: American life is even weirder than you ever imagined...
  http://www.theatlantic.com/unbound/interviews/ba991103.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Need to hold on to that job in the upcoming high-tech bust cycle? Learn
how to write unmaintainable code. <http://mindprod.com/unmain.html> Now you
can code just like RMS! And see: http://www.memepool.com/Subject/Computing/

: Is incomprehensible coding a job-security tactic? Was the Y2K bug devised
by COBOL programmers to make sure they stayed eternally employable? Are we
all victims of these aging technocrats? Do you want to kill? Do you dare??

# Y2K fuels fear of flying: http://msnbc.com/news/336245.asp?cp1=1
# U.S. spending $100 bln on Y2K repairs - but merely inconveniencing:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562123855-ae9
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Beast of Bodmin evades RAF cameras - BIG CAT mystery still unsolved. (BBC)
  Hi-tech efforts to capture the legendary Beast of Bodmin on film have come
  a cropper due to bad weather on the Cornish moor. RAF reserve volunteers
  spent Saturday night camped in ditches and under hedges with the latest
  military night-vision equipment. Scuppered by low cloud and mist - see
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_519000/519700.stm

# ALSO - HI-tech search for Beast of Bodmin:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_518000/518673.stm
# Puma hunters target Wales:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_424000/424028.stm
# Hunters try to bag Dartmoor lion:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_218000/218650.stm
# Home Counties puma alert:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_181000/181241.stm
# 'Beast of Bodmin' captured on video:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_136000/136546.stm

: Have you released any large felines in Britain lately? Did your ET masters
force you? Did the military release the big cats for training purposes? Ya??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

@ Betrayal trauma: Traumatic amnesia as an adaptive response to
  childhood abuse. http://dynamic.uoregon.edu/~jjf/trauma.html
@ The recovery of memories in clinical practice:
  http://members.aol.com/smartnews/page/Sample-Issue-28.htm
@ Are you mind-controlled? Are you a mind-controller?
  http://www.parascope.com/cgi-local/psforum.pl/topic=matrix&dmark=all
@ COERCION: Why We Listen to What THEY Say: www.rushkoff.com/coercion.html
@ Freeing The Mind: http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/

@ Law & Mind Control: http://members.aol.com/smartnews/fivecases.htm
@ Survivors of Incest Anonymous: http://www.siawso.org
@ False Memory Syndrome Vs. Recovered Memories:
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Arael_ET_AL/did-fms.htm
@ Consolidation of SRA and False Memory Data:
  http://www.iccom.com/usrwww/jlquan.consldra.doc

@ Occult Signs & Symbols - info on Masons & connected groups.
  This page is Christian in nature and may be very triggering.
  http://www.exposingsatanism.org/signsymbols

@ The Spectrum of Dissociative Disorders: An Overview of Diagnosis
  and Treatment: http://www.voiceofwomen.com/centerarticle.html
@ Dissociation and the Fragmentary Nature of Traumatic memories:
  Overview & Exploratory Study. http://trauma-pages.com/vanderk2.htm
$ Ritual Abuse Bookstore: http://www.ra-info.com/

@ Information on Project Monarch Nazi Mind Control is available at:
  This may be triggering for survivors and may be Christian in nature.
  http://chronic.lpl.arizona.edu/~corleyj/wwolf/truth/text/monarch2.txt

@ False Memory Syndrome : A False Construct:
  http://www.feminista.com/v1n9/false-memory.html
@ Measuring the Impact of Media Exposure and Hospital Treatment on Patients
  Alleging Satanic Ritual Abuse: http://idealist.com/tat/leavitt.shtml

  "If I want any crap out of you, I'll surf to your webpage."

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!