-Caveat Lector-

YnrChyldzWyld wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Tatman, Robert wrote:
> >ISTR that the primary evidence for Phoenician or Carthaginian landings in
> >the Americas is a heavily-eroded monument found in Brazil (sorry, can't
> >remember when or exactly where).
>
> I remember reading an article in the early to mid-1980s in I believe "The
> Smithsonian" magazine (altho it could have been "The National Geographic"
> which I also got at the time), in which the showed (with many photos and
> drawings) studies which lead the researchers to conclude that the
> infamous "Bimini Road" (of Edgar Cayce fame) was really a Phoenician
> seaport, that it pointed to a time when the Phoenicians were a great
> seafaring power, coinciding with a time when sea levels were lower....
>
> The 'road' actually being a seawall, along which ships docked...
>
> Not long after that, I read an article in "The Biblical Archeology
> Review" which pointed out how little we actually know about Phoenicia and
> its people (the article was positing a question as to why ancient Israel
> was the only country on the Mediterranean who seemingly never had a navy,
> or even plied commerce via water, and concluded that Phoenicia was indeed
> Israel's 'navy'....)
>
> Which, if true, and if Phoenicians made it to the New World, would give
> new life to the 'lost tribes came to America' theories...  ;-)
>
> June ;-)

How does this give life to the " lost tribes come to America theory?
How big do you think their ships were? Phoenicia wasn't Israel's navy.
King Solomon had a good working relationship with the King of Tyre who
brought the Cedars of Lebanon to him to build the Temple. The Phoenicians'
cities on the Eastern Mediterranean evolved into Philistia. The Philistines
were the enemies of the Jews then and down to this day. Both tribes were
warring over the same territory. Down to this very day.

There is every likelihood that the Phoenicians had bases on Proto America.
Phoenicia itself was not a country as we know it today, but a number of
cities and ports around the Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts. Their sailing
methods were secret, and any Phoenician who spilled the beans, was killed.
I have seen speculation that they had the loadstone and used it as a compass.

Joshua2