-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: nessie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Friday, January 07, 2000 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Media Bias Against Business Here To Stay

> -Caveat Lector-
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:
>>
>>If we are to rebuild this nation with honor and integrity it begins at
>>home
>

>If we are to rebuild this nation with honor and integrity we must rebuild
>the world. What honor and integrety can we have if we consume the bulk of
>the world's resources while children the world over go hungry? What honor
>and integrety can we have if we dress in clothing made by virtual slaves
>working in sweatshops? What honor and integrety can we have if we hire
>bomber crews to rain death on  anyone who stands in the way of our rulers'
>profits?

You start by reducing the resources YOU use, joining programs that feed
children, shopping wisely, and using your voice to halt "bomber crews to
rain death on anyone who stands in the way of our rulers' profits."  And you
stop blaming everyone else for the part you play in this, keeping the
problem(s) is some realm of being out of your control to address and
therefore, why bother?  Now, you may be doing all of these things, but your
response didn't indicate that and suggests that it's the fault of the masses
and the government and this is true, but ending the cycle begins with YOU
and ME.

I hear a lot of spewing on this list, but very little accountability.  In
short, I hear a lot of hot-air getting blasted around, but very few viable
suggestions and little to no reporting on actions that are taken to rectify
the issues that the individual postee spews about.

I simply do not believe that anyone on this list is so helpless that he or
she cannot effect some change.

Hilary