</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000222a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* For announcements, disclaimers, excuses, see: http://skepticon.pitas.com
* No supermice infiltrated my house during the production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Codex Seraphinianus: http://www.io.com/~iareth/codindx.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# UFOs Are Out There, Professor Says. OMAHA - The latest flurry of UFO
  sightings has occurred in China, but in recent years some Omahans,
  too, think they have seen something. Hypnotists & physicists agree:
  http://www.omaha.com/Omaha/OWH/StoryViewer/1,3153,302040,00.html

# Sheriff Recalls UFO Sighting http://nacomm.org/news/1999/qtr4/66sherif.htm
@ The 1957 Levelland, Texas UFO Sightings: http://www.caus.org/hk022100.htm
@ George Washington's UFO Vision: http://www.caus.org/cu112698b.htm
# Latest Spectacular Chemtrail Photos And Data - don't inhale:
  http://www.contrailconnection.com/Photosrec26.htm

: Have you sighted anything lately? Were your memories suppressed/enhanced?
Do you retrieve memories with hypnosis? Did George Washington? Have alien/
terrestrial probes passed you lately? Did you feel violated? Will you sue?

# Galileo Passes Near Jupiter's Moon. PASADENA, Ca.(AP) NASA's aging Galileo
  spacecraft swept closer than ever before past Jupiter's volcanic moon Io,
  surviving the intense radiation without the computer shutdowns that marred
  previous encounters. http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000222/12/galileo
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Algae may be key to hydrogen fuel. (AP) - Hydrogen may be an ideal fuel
  when the supply of oil and natural gas runs out, but the problem has been
  finding a way to produce it cheaply. Scientists now say the answer may be
  an ordinary pond scum. Green algae, a simple plant that grows all over the
  world, has the unique ability to convert water & sunlight into hydrogen
  gas. Scientists have found a new way to force the algae to make hydrogen
  gas on demand, a process that could lead to an almost limitless supply of
  fuel that burns without pollution and produces only water as a waste
  product. http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564480083-50d

# FOSSIL BACTERIA IN MURCHISON & EFREMOVKA - Russians Discover Fossilized
  Life in Meteorites - Our Cosmic Ancestry: www.sightings.com/ufo6/foss.htm

: Is your UFO powered by hydrogen? D'ya have specially-bred algae/bacteria/
microbes generating it for you? Have you seeded many planets with the bugs?
Did ancestral ETs leave traces in meteorites for us to find? Are we clever?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# WHAT CAN LUCID DREAMS DO? Lucid dreaming, or knowing that you are dreaming
  as it happens, is something we've probably all experienced. In a Stanford
  experiment, they signaled the participants when they were in REM sleep, so
  they could direct their own dreams. Now if we could only direct external
  reality... http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=27923

@ TO SLEEP, PERCHANCE TO DREAM - LUCIDLY. Lucid dreaming, a dream where you
  know you are dreaming, can open you up to a range of new experiences, all
  safely had while asleep. And you can even learn how to induce this state
  yourself. http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=27925

@ HOW TO HAVE THE DREAM OF YOUR DREAMS. If you want to know you are dreaming
  while you dream, there are techniques you can try to induce lucid dreams.
  They take practice, but with persistence you can turn your dreams into ad-
  ventures. http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=27926

: D'ya control your dreams? D'y'r dreams control you? D'ya control internal/
external/eternal/infernal realities via dreams? D'ya love your dreams? D'y'r
dreams love you? What is love without death? Have you lucidly dreamt to die?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Genetic engineering promises new ways for athletes to cheat. Cheating
  athletes who are afraid of being caught using steroids will some day have
  a new and more subtle way to build superhuman bodies: genetic engineering.
  The mice in Beth Barton-Davis's Philadelphia research lab are the living
  proof. (At least, they would be if they hadn't been killed for autopsies.)
  A virus turned them into tiny Schwarzeneggers -- a virus genetically
  modified to carry extra DNA that transferred itself to the mice's muscle
  cells. And the gain came with no strain. No exercise, drugs or special
  diet. Cowabunga! http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/000221/3628097.html

# Animals Studied As Quake Predictors. TOKYO (AP) Chinese & Japanese scien-
  tists discussed the possibilities of using animal behavior to predict
  earthquakes. http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000222/10/japan-earthquake2

: Can/should/will animals be genetically engineered to predict earthquakes,
tornados, alien manifestations, bad-hair days, sports scores, elections, the
lottery? Will ultramice conquer the world, reducing humans to pest status?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Rhythms Of Tortured Souls. Most have agendas, would do as they will, and
  will give of themselves if they like bitter pills, but some hear a drum in
  the distance of time & would march to the beat of that far away rhyme. I'm
  hearing some rhythm of sad tortured souls (too many by far on cruel rocks
  and harsh shoals), bashed by our cowardice, dashed on its stones, smashed
  to oblivion -- rejected, alone. http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/rhy.htm

@ The Reality Of Our Reality, If Any: http://www.caus.org/cc022100.htm
@ Sample a small slice of offbeat Californian cybersexcomputerdrugs culture
  in LA SPIRALE, an eZine for the Digital Mutants! http://www.laspirale.org

: Is your soul tortured? D'ya torture souls? Is your soul real? Are theirs?
Are you highly mutated/legalistic/paranormal/drugged/digitized/amortized?

@ The Paranormal Research Primer: http://www.tje.net/para/main/
@ The World Of The Strange: http://www.jb-graphics.com/thestrange/
@ RMNews, The Uncensored National Rumor: http://www.rumormillnews.com
@ WHY WAS PRINCESS DIANA MURDERED? http://www.dianaqueenofheaven.com
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Briton Cures Fatigue by Drilling Hole in Own Head. LONDON (Reuters)
  A British woman says she has cured her chronic fatigue by resorting
  to do-it-yourself brain surgery and drilling a hole in her own head.
  Leaking: http://news.excite.com/news/r/000222/08/science-britain-drill

# Killer who 'ate his victim's brains' - Hannibal the Cannibal for real:
 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=001851641145319&pg=/et/00/2/22/neat22.html
# San Francisco's "vampire killer" sentenced - 23 years to life:
  http://www.examiner.com/000219/0219vampire.html

: Have you punctured yourself or anyone else lately? D'ya prefer to puncture
brains, aortae, phalanxes, viscerae? D'ya perform the procedures for therapy
or nourishment or entertainment? Have you been properly programmed? By who?

# Babies will stare the longest at pretty faces. Why? At two months,
  no infant has yet been brainwashed by the images in Vogue. Mystery:
  http://www.discover.com/feb_00/gthere.html?article=featbeauty.html

  "The IRS sent back my tax return saying I owed $800. I said 'If you'll
   notice, I sent a paper clip with my return. Given what you've been
   paying for things lately, that should more than make up the difference.'
   -- Emo Philips

* Rev.R.Carter,ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiChat & SkeptiNews - latest: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/x.html
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy