Here's a post I made to another list a while ago, i.e., regarding
the STATE-OF-THE-ART on REAL scientific investigation regarding
the Dogon:

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:05:55 -0700 (MST)
From: MICHAEL SPITZER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DOGON: "TRACKING THE ALIEN ASTROENGINEERS"

I just got this (they run LATE!).  The author and I have been
corresponding with each other since about 1994-5.  The following
essay appears in The RIAP Bulletin out of former Russia. Several
earlier research papers regarding the Dogon (not essays like
this, i.e., this is more an editorial...Dr. Rubtsov is the RIAP
Chairman and Chief Editor of the bulletin) were published in
previous RIAP Bulletins.  After those were published, I mentioned
to him that there had been a great deal of quite scholarly and
academic discussion among members of this group that I thought he
would be interested in, i.e., unique, valid, and in some cases,
original research findings that it seemed the authors of those
prior papers were not aware of.  He mentioned his interest in
reading such so I forwarded A GREAT DEAL of the discussion we had
on the Dogon to him a year or so ago.  He was VERY impressed
with the level of knowledge and discussion, and I believe that
it, at least in part, was responsible for his writing this essay.

By the way, the RIAP Bulletin is published quarterly, and is
printed and distributed by "Frontier Science Foundation,"
Netherlands.  I have subscribed since RIAP was founded in [about]
1994.  Good stuff...very different than all the "non-scientific"
stuff we normally see regarding UFOs, etc. For more information
regarding subscriptions., etc., see:

http://www.f-s-f.com

Pax vobiscum,

Mike

From: RIAP Bulletin
Voloume 4, Number 4
October-December 1998

TRACKING THE ALIEN ASTROENGINEERS

An Essay By Vladimir V. Rubtsov
Chairman
Research Institute on Anomalous Phenomena (RIAP)
Kharkov, UKRAINE

Copyright 1998 RIAP - All Rights Reserved

When studying the question of possible ancient visits of alien
beings to the Earth, a researcher sometimes encounters data which
cannot be interpreted as yet in a strictly scientific manner, but
which, at the same time, are interesting enough to be regarded
seriously and unbiasedly. Such data can be found, in particular,
in the well-known "mythological astronomy" of the Dogon, an
African people, living mainly in the West African Republic of
Mali.

The Dogon believe that the Universe is "infinite, but measurable"
and is filled with "spiral stellar worlds" (yalu ulo), one of
which contains the Sun. This world may be seen in the sky as the
Milky Way. The majori

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL