There have been several list members who have made the accusation that the majority of
pedophiles are homosexual in sexual orientation.  That assertion was challenged and
never successfully defended (at leat to my recollection).  I don't believe it was ever
stated by anyone that ALL pedophiles are homosexuals or that all homosexuals are
pedophiles, so to my recollection, your assertion on that subject is correct.

On Sat, 16 September 2000, Amelia wrote:

> June, Are you saying the two terms are mutually exclusive?  While a person
> may have one primary sexual identity, it does not mean they are incapable of
> committing acts normally attributed to another identity.  A person with a
> primary identity of being homosexual may or may not be capable of committing
> acts of pedophilia, the same as a heterosexual.
>
> What should one call an adult male whose main sexual activity is with other
> adult males with opportunistic acts of pedophilia exclusively with male
> children?  Probably a homosexual committing acts of pedophilia but that is a
> very lengthy PC phrase and not easily used by lay people on a casual email
> list.
>
> The same sort of question could be applied to, for example, a pedophile who
> lives as a heterosexual with a wife and children, abstaining from pedophilia
> because of illegality/unavailability.  Technically, this person could be
> labeled a "non-practicing pedophile."  It is just too convoluted and easier
> to identify the person by what they are doing and that is probably why
> people do that.
>
> I have not seen anybody on this list say that ALL homosexuals are
> pedophiles.  Will somebody send me the portion of these posts that say that
> because I have missed it. I keep reading accusations that this one and that
> one is saying that but I cannot locate one instance of anybody claiming such
> a thing.  Guess if you want to argue, one thing is as good as another.
> Amelia

"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, in The Matrix

"My God it's full of stars!"  Dave Bowman, in 2001: A Space
Odyssey

Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html