-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 10/10/00 11:51:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > Experiencers/witnesses are a very good source, in my opinion.
>  > From what I gather out there,
>
>  That is understandable either way, i.e., I would think that you
>  would be gathering the same conclusions whether it really was
>  going on, or not...right?  I mean, just cuz you have not observed
>  any credible hearsay testimony [funny, "credible hearsay
>  testimony of ppl shape shifting into reptiles?"  Oxymoron? Just
>  the mention of something like this seems to discredit the person
>  that is testifying about it, no matter HOW CREDIBLE the person
>  WAS TO THIS POINT IN THEIR LIFE] doesn't mean it ain't
>  "happening."

  Survivors risk loss of credibility when they reveal any aspect of their
experience.  Many have taken a path of revealing all they know/remember as
part of the risk involved in healing.  All I'm saying is I have never heard
this, and I do think what survivors are already revealing is enough for us to
focus on.  We don't need to focus on the weirder aspects at least until we
have a handle on the more established aspects.  If we do, we're not trying to
solve anything, we're just dancing around the issues.  And when a survivor
speaks of his/her OWN experiences, it is NOT hearsay, it is eyewitness
testimony.

   Some of the children in the McMartin case told of seeing flying circus
elephants and other bizarre things.  These accounts reduced their credibility
greatly to many.  Drugs or alcohol combined with a little virtual reality or
even holograms could account for such 'sightings'.  Perhaps it is as Kris
suspects - that an illusion via drugs and/or electronic means is being
created for some survivors and with that in place, they are seeing Lizard
people.

Samantha