-Caveat Lector-

> At least Clinton/Gore balanced the budget for a change, as opposed to
> 300 Billion + deficits and sluggish economy during the Reagan/Bush years.

Carter was too blind to figure out the future effects of inflation. We bit
the bullet for a couple years until we had a run of prosperity.

> Now we have an booming economy,

Yes

> and a budget surplus.

Heh heh heh... I.O.U.'s

> I guess some
> would like to return to the failed ways of the past. Get a few
> hundred more
> dollars back from a tax cut,

Clinton either lied, told us what we wanted to hear or didn't know what the
hell he was promising us. I think it was all of the former. I curious as to
where all this money is coming from with all these new programs Gore is
promising us.

> with higher interest rates,

Didn't Greenspan hike interest rates a while back???

> higher  unemployment,

Well we've got alot of jobs...too bad they don't pay spit.

> soaring medical costs, etc.

Heh heh heh...evidently you haven't looked at your paycheck stub recently or
don't have any hospitalization. Mine increases 50 cents per hour next week
and they informed us it will go up another 20 cents per hour next June.

> Just give the big companies a big tax break
> and everything will be ok! I think you are dreaming...

You're gonna have to get back in this reality. Something has to be done
here. In Michigan we've had a bustling economy but...in our local area alone
we've lost a General Motors Plant 8000 workers, most of the production
facilities at Kellogg's Cereals, we had a Monsanto merger with
Pharmacia/Upjohn with over 2000 jobs lost and we're waiting on the rumored
American Home Products buyout/merger where they buyout and trash what they
don't want. But then that's Ok cause we keep getting these Fast Food
Restaurants on every street corner for job security.

I remember when James Blanchard (democrat) was last Governor here, things
seemed peachy until our 16 billion dollar debt caught up with us. John
Engler(republican) found the "books were cooked" cleaned up the debt and put
us on a surplus. We could have a rude awakening if Bush gets in and has a
bunch of "Pro's" sort through the books that were handled by Clinton's
Cronie's. Bush is smart enough to surround himself with qualified
professionals and not "good old buddies".

I still like to say I'm non-partisan but enough is enough. We need a little
bit of both but it's time to get a republican in there to sort through it
all and see what we've really got. Gore's making too many promises and
trying to be too many things to too many people just like Clinton did. He's
telling us what we want to hear.