-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/29/2000 6:55:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  The disaster that has befallen the United States will not be
  fully realized for some months to come, but all one need do
  is look to the evil Bush Sr. for a clue as to what will
  transpire. >>

Well, you're right of course, but it really won't be Dubya's doing.  They're
not going to let dum-de-dum govern.  He will be able to snort and sip and
just come up for signatures.  We won't be bothered by long speeches, as they
would have to resurrect Edgar Bergen to accomplish one.  We will be governed
by the remainder of the Reagan/Bush cabinets (those who were not indicted and
pardoned) and all the big Republican CEO's.  I'm old enough though that I'm
almost looking forward to this.  My morning paper just arrived, and I'm
looking at an enthusiastic blurb about George W. ready to take the reins.
Next to it is a mention that by next summer, gasoline may reach $3.00 per
gallon.  So welcome to the Republican United States of America.  The oil boys
are already licking their chops.   By next summer, people will be scraping
bottom to get enough gas to drive to their two part time jobs that pay
minimum wage.  Unless the Congress decides to scrap the minimum wage too.
After all with a Republican rubber stamp president, a Republican controlled
Supreme Court, a Republican controlled House, and an evenly divided Senate
with a Republican CEO Vice-President to break ties, you all can look forward
to doing whatever the Republicans want and not doing anything they don't
want.   I just hope somebody got a mess of pottage for the birthright they
sold.  Prudy