-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> This is an excellent site for those who know nothing about the dangers to our
> society coming from the New Age movement and those who wish to learn more
> about this very extensive topic.  Hannah Newman, a Jewish researcher who
> lives in Israel, recently sent out a notice about her site as follows:
>
> "My new, greatly expanded and updated research on New Age antisemitism is
> now on line.
> Go to:
> http://homestead.virtualjerusalem.com/antisemitism/index.html"

Is anti-Semitism more prevalent than anti-[insert cultural identity
marker] in the US?  I've seen quite a bit of anti-hickism and
anti-blackism, but haven't run into much anti-Semitism, unless it's of
the anti-Arab variety I've witnessed on the silver and blue screens.
Even after having lived in New York for three years, I haven't seen
any, besides the same level of stereotypical BS that I see most other
cultural groups suffering:  the drunken Mick, the flashy Dago, the
mouthy JAP.  Hell, around here they make fun of the Southern Baptists
(the blathering Biblethumper, Apocalyptic White Trash).

As for New Age anti-Semitism, I've yet to run into any in my years of
research and casual surfing, unless they're using crypto-anti-Semitic
symbols, though I'm a pretty good at ciphering that esoteric stuff.
``````

I just gave that site a read and the one thing I'm happy to see is the
header "Welcome to one Jew's analysis..."  If that hadn't been there,
I would have mistaken this for some Xian fundie page.  Hannah Newman
seems to equate Theosophy with the whole New Age and the New Age
sounds like the Nazis, focusing particularly on eliminating the Jews.

More tribal-centric spook stories.  Is there any fun in creating such
realities?  I know P.K. Dick enjoyed a more egocentric version, but he
had his problems.

Even though it's a load of crap, thanks for the link!  This is some
fun reading.  I enjoy a good paranoid screed now and then.

I'm open-minded, so I'll let you know if I become convinced, after a
more thorough reading.

By the way, I wonder how the Erisians, Subgenii and Discordians fit
in?

--
´´
Mark McHugh