-Caveat Lector-

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 17:13:51 -0500 Aleisha Saba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>-Caveat Lector-
>That is an old joke, Jason.....

Sorry!  But you laid yourself bare for that one.  (OOOPS I did it again.
SORRY)

> this is why I wonder if there was really a cop involved - he has not
>been proven to be the one yet, or just this after noon it came out a
>man in the mid west was arrested - had all these flashing lights in his
>car, and he pretended to be policeman and pulled over women, etc.

Yeah, that happens a lot.  I was married to a cop for 18 years, and my
brother is a Lt. in the State Police.

>So something rather strange about this.....so quick to name a price to
>sue - $15,000,000 and you know many cops hang around with some strange
>people....could be scam?

Well, the legal trick (under our current system) is to come in at a high
figure and settle for less.  There is always the possibility of a scam,
but that will play out soon enough.  The interesting thing for me to
watch is how the cop is "handled" if it turns out he is a real cop.  Who
is paying his legal expenses, who is represented at the brgaining table,
etc.  Many cops do indeed know some strange people.  Some cops are pretty
"strange" in their own right.  Power Corrupts.

>Both women sue each for $15,000,000 -and look what the lawyer gets.
>Be interesting case to follow.....how easy it is to set up someone.

The lawyer probably gets 1/3.  It is all too easy to set someone up if
you know how and have the right connections.

>>Still think this reeks of some type of scam .....the one woman looked
>really rough....

Don't judge on looks.

Jayson