-Caveat Lector-

--- "Samantha L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"I don't understand why an ever-increasing build-up
 of ice could become catastrophic.
 Can you explain?
 Samantha

Nakano Replies:

Hi Samantha and thank you for the question.
First I want to say that this information has
been supported by such people as Albert Einstein.
Immanuel Velekovsky and Dr. Charles Hapgood have
written about it.  The best single source I have
seen on this subject is the book:
"5/5/2000...Ice the Ultimate Disaster"
by Richard Noone
(This should be available from Amazon.com)

Now for the explanation:
Think of a skilled basketball player who spins
the ball on his finger. He makes it look easy.
Now, take a wad of sticky bubblegum and stick it
on the ball (in one place).  Now, when the player
spins the ball it will wobble because the
dynamic center of mass will be off-center.
This is why your car tires cause vibration when
they are out of balance.
The earth rotates on its axis at a rotational speed
of about 1,050 MPH (measured at the equator).
The rotational axis goes through the center of the
earth and extends through the north and south poles.
There is no problem at the North Pole since there
is no land mass there, just ice floating on water.
But Anarctica is a continent.  The South Pole
(rotational axis) is located on this continent.
The land mass at the South Pole is very irregular
in shape. Therefore the ice which covers the land
is also irregular.
In other words....it is out of rotational balance.

Now for the real problem.
The snow and sleet fall on Anarctica year after year,
century after century.  It never gets warm enough
for the ice to melt and the water to run off.
The ice gets thicker and heavier as the centuries
pass.  (The average ice thickness is well over
1 mile)  This increasing weight is off-center
and so the earth becomes more out-of-balance
as the ice gets thicker.

So let's get back to the basketball player spinning
the ball. The wad of bubblegum (ice cap) is a little
off the rotational axis (South Pole). So the player
has trouble keeping the ball spinning on his finger
due to the wobble caused by the condition of
"out-of-balance" (instability).
Now....make that wad of bubblegum bigger.
Problem gets worse.
Make it bigger still.
Problem gets even worse.
At some point, the off-center dynamic weight of the
wad of bubblegum will cause the ball to wobble
so much that the player will not be able to
control the ball on his finger...and it will fall.
(I admit this analogy is valid only up to a point).

Serious scientist who have looked at this are
concerned that at some point, the dynamic (spin)
weight of the growing icecap could result in
the entire icemass sliding off the continent
of Anarctica and into the ocean.
The ice would rapidly travel through the oceans
to the equator, due to centrifugal forces.
We are not talking about slow-moving icebergs here,
we are talking about a huge icemass traveling at
great speed from the South Pole to the region of
the equator.
This means sudden massive global flooding and
huge tidal waves.
It would be the worst worldwide catastrophe in
recorded history.
However.....there is evidence this has happened
before.
In fact...it may happen on a periodic basis about
every 6,000 years.  It takes that long for the
ice to get thick and heavy enough to produce this
disaster.  According to Zachariah Sitchin, the
ancient Sumarian cuniform writings describe this
very event.
So that's a summary of the potential problem.
Now the southern icecap is melting at a very slow
(and perhaps controlled?) rate.
If this continues, yes the sea levels will rise.
This will be very gradual.
This is a far better thing than the horrific
scenerio I have outlined above.
So maybe the "bad guys" who are controlling the
weather (climate modification) are really
the good guys.
I hope so.
     Regards
       Nakano