[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Serious scientist who have looked at this are
>  concerned that at some point, the dynamic (spin)
>  weight of the growing icecap could result in
>  the entire icemass sliding off the continent
>  of Anarctica and into the ocean.
>  The ice would rapidly travel through the oceans
>  to the equator, due to centrifugal forces.

  Thank you for the explanation.  Could this also tie in to the possible
"pole shift" theories?  I found this:

http://www.millenngroup.com/repository/planetary/poleshift.html

"Pole shift is generally believed to be due to the gradual redistribution of
mass in outer Earth's mantle and the crust. Our planet is most stable when
its most massive parts are farthest from its spin axis; that is, on the
equator. If mass redistribution were to occur somewhere on an otherwise
uniform Earth, the planet would reorient itself so that the mass
concentration would move to the equator. Over the past century, the north
pole moved about 33 feet toward eastern Canada. Most geophysicists believe
the movement is due to true polar wander (TPW), or a shift of the Earth's
entire mantle and crust relative to Earth's core."

and:

"Since at least 1936, rising, pole-directed plumes of dense mantle material
have begun to produce increasing mass anomalies in the Arctic and Antarctic
regions near the Earth's axis of rotation. Plume heads impacting the base of
the crust in the polar regions are beginning to cause earthquakes and
upheavals there, making plume presence known. The majority of these rising
masses of poleward-directed mantle material will soon cause the Earth to
rotate slightly faster, just as figure skaters develop high-speed spins by
bringing their arms inward and then up over their heads. An increase in
Earth’s spin rate of only one second per day can increase the Earth’s
equatorial bulge by about 20 inches.

Our planet’s equatorial bulge is due to the centrifugal force of its spinning
body, a force that is strongest at the equator. The force is so strong that
the figure of the Earth is like a slightly squashed sphere, its diameter at
the equator being roughly 27 miles longer than a diameter joining the poles.
The liquid ocean responds instantly to changes in planetary centrifugal
forces. If Earth’s spin rate speeds up by a few seconds per day, hot magmatic
liquids in the volcanoes of the equatorial zone will also respond, only
slightly less quickly than ocean waters, to the increased centrifugal force
there. This will cause volcanic eruptions in the “torrid areas” bordering
the equator. Such a situation should be occurring about now. If so, it will
last only a short time."
------
Samantha

screeds are unwelcomed. Substancenot soap-boxingplease!  These are
sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright fraudsis used politically by different groups with