-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 02/05/2001 6:14:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Among the gifts that former president Bill Clinton says he is keeping as
 personal presents he accepted last year are $28,000 worth of furnishings
 that documents and interviews indicate were given to the National Park
 Service in 1993 as part of the permanent White House collection.

 The Park Service serves as a steward for the White House and, according to
 the White House curator's office, is the only unit with the legal authority
 to accept gifts for the White House. A gift meant for the current White
 House occupants, by contrast, is routed through the White House gifts
 office, a separate unit. >>

Anybody know how all that stuff Nancy Reagan took was routed?  If she had to
pay a million in back taxes, there must have been a bale of it, and I'm
really curious.  Still I wouldn't give anything to anyone at the White House
or to the White House either.  They can afford to buy their own stuff, and if
I were Mrs. Clinton I would send every piece of junk on the list back to the
White House or to the original doners.  What did they do with the old kitchen
table and chairs by the way?  That interests me.  Are the things given to
Good Will or are they burned as religious objects?  Prudy