-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 02/05/2001 10:05:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< >  one for which the Clintons should be faulted.

   This is an important point.  So far, the Clinton's have been responsive to
 recent criticism:  they are going to pay half for the gifts taken, and half
 for the rent of Bill's office.  If they took gifts intended for the WH but
 which were wrongly added to the White House gifts office list, then they will
 likely correct the error once it is sorted out.  But the damage has already
 been done - they are made to appear as greedy grasping trailer trash.  I am
 almost forced to like and admire them in spite of the faults of the
 administration simply because they are so relentlessly harangued.

 Samantha >>

Let's face it, endless haranging is the Clinton's lot.  It keeps people from
watching what the Republicans are getting away with.  Now we come to a new
idea.  Can anyone give anything they want to give to the White House?  If you
designate that gift as to the White House, are they forced to keep it in
there forever?  I have a couple of items I'd like to donate.  What happens if
the new first lady can't stand an item?  Does she have to use it anyway?
This could be wonderful.  Does anyone out there know the answers or the
how-to of White House gift giving?  Prudy