From: Yardbird

>> I'm always amazed (but shouldn't be surprised) when homophobes condemn
>> something without actually having seen it, and then try to impose
>> censorship so that no one else can see it, either...
>
>I know what you mean...it's like those upper class politically correct
>twits who want to remove books like 'Huckleberry Finn' or anything by a
>"dead white male" from the classrooms.

I agree. Censorship is censorship, no matter where it comes from...

>PS Tenorlove never mentioned censorship - what she did state was that she
>wasn't going to watch the gay-themed programming. Isn't this what you June
>and others have long demanded? That persons opposed to the subject matter
>of a movie or tv show let their feelings be made known by not viewing the
>offending materual and also by NOT imposing censorship on those who do
>choose to watch such programmes?

The original post to which Tenorlove was responding complained that the show was broadcast by taxpayer-funded PBS, and called for those who are against homosexual rights to write to their representatives to complain about tax dollars being used to broadcast such a show.  That's a call for censorship, and if successful, could just as easily be used against those who are now calling for such a measure.  Today you succeed in getting what you perceive as a 'pro-homosexual' broadcast removed; tomorrow you'll find that some groups were just as successful in getting a show you perceive as 'pro-patriot' or 'pro-conservative' or 'pro-Christian' removed, also...

June

Check out the nonstop beachparty at Alternative Kite Summer radio at: