-Caveat Lector-

no mention of homoseuals (funnily enough.. pah)
only mention of paedophiles (non-gendertype)
only mention of children (non-gendertype)

anyone scared of homosexuals interfering with children in their care are
deluding themselves about the real problem.
anyone scared of their children turning homo cause of influence of
homosexuals might be right tho, but only to the extent that the children
will be led to believe it is ok to be gay so that if they do feel that way
they are more likely to feel unashamed about expressing it.
incidentally is this a "true" conservative or a liberal standpoint to have?
any comments?

and the real argument might be "nature or nurture?" if nature then the above
stands. if nurture then the argument alters to deciding if homosexuality is
acceptable or an abomination

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Church Policy

An Introduction to Child Protection.
With everything that is happening world wide it is important that every
organisation takes the necessary steps to protect the children and young
people who are entrusted into their care.

Under the Children's Act 1989 (UK) we all have a responsibility for the
well-being of children. How can the church take up this responsibility? In
the following document I hope to give you some thoughts and information that
will help.

Let us start by asking two questions:

1. Who are we seeking to protect?

First and foremost the children in our care, second, people working with
children and third, the organisation.

2. Who are we seeking to protect the children from?

Anyone who would abuse. This includes the attentions of paedophiles (a
paedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to children). I am told
paedophiles are not normally opportunist and will go to the extent of taking
several years to gain a position of trust within an organisation, and, from
this established position, abuse. With this in mind, a child protection
policy is the best form of protection we can offer our young people. A
paedophile who is looking to target a church will think again where there is
a pro-active policy and action taken on every allegation.

Every church should, therefore, have stated guidelines for the operation of
all ministries and projects where young people are involved and a policy to
deal with any allegations of abuse. If church leaders are not pro-active in
their efforts to protect children in this way then they are negligent in
their duty. Some church leaders see their responsibility only in terms of
reacting in certain ways once a situation has occurred, this is like closing
the stable door after the horse has bolted. Only here we are not talking of
livestock, but people's lives that can be damaged in the most hideous ways
imaginable. We need to move the emphasis away from abuse and towards
protection, the aim is to prevent abuse happening, rather than only getting
involved once damage has been done.

If you are a member of a church, ask your leadership what their stated
policy is for the protection of children. Don't be satisfied with anything
less than a recognised policy. Remember we are all responsible for the
well-being of children.