-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 08/25/2001 11:38:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I am fully aware that the revisionists have now decided that Pius
 collaborated with the Nazis, etc. This is an article of what was
 said at the time by those in a position to know that just came out
 today.  I personally think the new found guilt of the Vatican has
 much to do with wanting even more reparations and the extortion of
 huge sums of money.  Maybe the Poles should do the same to the Jews
 who collaborated with the Soviets resulting in even more deaths to
 the Polish people.  >>

What do you mean "new"?  This information came out right after WWII.  I don't
know what you're talking about when you say that the Jews collaborated with
the Soviets.  The Russians were famous for their pogroms against the Jews.
They probably didn't like Poles either, but finding Jews still alive in
Poland with whom to collaborate would have been a trick in itself.  Pope Pius
XII knew what was going on, and he didn't let it bother him a lot.  The
Vatican also assisted in the Ratline.   I don't know the Pope's motives in
these matters, but what happened was pretty darned clear at the time.  Prudy