-Caveat Lector-

Well, J2, I think you are the one with it ass-backwards.  On the
one hand you claim the Jews were this poor, oppressed minority with
no military yet the Vatican with no military should have done what
the armies of Europe could not do.  I have conceded some
collaboration but it is on the part of ALL parties and not peculiar
to the Vatican.  The Poles could not have fought off the Soviet
army any more than the 'poor oppressed Jews' could have done so.
You speak of the Poles lack of having the balls to fight back, but
isn't that the real problem with the Jews?  Why should the Poles
have fought back but everyone else should have done that for the
Jews? I think you are unrealistic in claiming that Jews were
totally without blame in the collaboration game and that the
Vatican could have prevented anything at all.  I think the Vatican
would have saved their own if they could have done so. Do you think
the Pope should have immediately sided with the anti-Catholic
British and Protestant Americans?  Put him in a very bad position,
I would say. The number of priest in Europe that went to the death
camps is staggering.  You only have concern for Jews and Jews only.
You speak as though no other group's suffering counts.  I find that
very telling. And also that you think others lacking for not
fighting back but they should have also fought back FOR the Jews
who were selling them out to the Soviets?

If we are going to take back property stolen in war, I want my
great-grandparent's property burned and stolen by the U.S. govt
returned.  You are not their accomplice in keeping it from me, are
you?

So I guess I will just do as you do, ignore all facts and continue
to hold my church in esteem (your phrase) for the good that it did
do and does currently.  It is easy to take things out of their
historical context and make judgments.  The Vatican could have
destroyed any and all documentation that would cast them in a bad
light.  If they have not done so, I think that speaks well of those
in charge.  You are well aware of the insurance claims paid to on
behalf of all the 'poor, oppressed Jews' in Europe and it is never
enough for they continue to sue for even greater amounts.  I think
this is a money-grubbing scheme and Jews are salivating at the
thought of getting their mitts on the Vatican, nothing more.  And
there is little you can say that will change my mind.
~Amelia~