-Caveat Lector-

        I recommend Michael Meier's book - WAS JONESTOWN A CIA
MEDICAL EXPERIMENT.  Jim Jones was a CIA operative from the
get-go, from before he started the Jonestown mind control
experiment.
        John Judge has also written on this but I do not know
where to find his work. Kenn Thomas of Steamshovel Press
might know.

                                molli

http://www.etext.org/Politics/Beter.Audio.Letter/dbal40

THE MILITARY PURPOSE OF THE JONESTOWN TRAGEDY

It is now nearly two weeks since the November 18
slaughter of Congressman Ryan and four other Americans at
the Port Kaituma Airport, Guyana.  During most of that
time,
the State Department has been under heavy fire from the
friends and staff of the late Congressman, and with good
reason.  Over a period of a year and more, the State
Department received bushels of mail from American citizens
concerned about friends and relatives at Jonestown.
Congressman Ryan, too, kept urging an investigation, but
the
State Department never did carry out an investigation
worthy
of the name.  It was only after Congressman Ryan received
what amounted to a whitewash report on Jonestown that he
made his ill-fated decision to go see for himself.
Congressman Ryan, my friends, was the victim of deliberate
entrapment, for reasons which I will explain shortly.
Careful analysis of his psychological profile had revealed
that he could be provoked into going to Jonestown by denying
him hard information through normal channels.  Intelligence
operatives within the State Department made sure that any
reports to Ryan about Jonestown would not meet with his
satisfaction.  Right now State Department spokesmen are
trying to act dumb about their role in the grizzly events of
recent days.  They wave their hands and try to look foolish
as they explain why they somehow failed to spot the dangers
at Jonestown; but the Jonestown disaster was actually
spawned by a military situation in Guyana which I first made
public over four years ago.  And then, as now, the only
response of the Government was cover-up.

   As my older listeners all know, I am referring to the
   Russian
nuclear missile base in Guyana.  Beginning in June 1974, I
revealed the presence of the Guyana missile base on radio
programs all across America; and in October 1974 I repeated
this warning in my very first talking tape, Audio Book No. 1
entitled: "HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF DURING THE COMING
DEPRESSION AND THIRD WORLD WAR."  The following words are a
direct quote from that first tape of more than four years
ago: "According to my very reliable intelligence sources on
this matter, the Republic of Guyana (next to Venezuela in
South America) has already been turned into another Cuba
with Atomic Missiles aimed at the Gatun Locks of the Panama
Canal and at our cities here in the United States.  Of
course our government, which dances to the tune called by
the Dynasty, refuses even to investigate seriously my
charges on this score."  (End of quotation from Audio Book
No. 1) Since then I've repeated my warnings about these
Russian missiles in Guyana in my Audioletters, as you well
know; but when I first made these charges on radio, many of
you sent letters and telegrams to the State Department,
mostly by way of your Congressmen and the Pentagon.  You
demanded to know if my charges were true, and for your
effort you got gobbledygook and denials. And many of you
sent me these letters saying that you did not believe the
Government.  Well, my friends, you were right.

   The developments which were destined to culminate in
   tragedy
at Jonestown began some 13 years ago in 1965.  Guyana was a
newly independent country, the former British colony of
British Guiana. At that time the secret Rockefeller-Soviet
alliance was in full swing, and the long range joint plans
for a controlled Nuclear War were moving right along.  Both
sides were looking ahead toward an eventual double-cross,
but that still lay far in the future at that time.  As I've
explained in past Audioletters, the deliberate strengthening
of Russia at America's expense was part of their joint plan
for WORLD GOVERNMENT and conquest.  The Cuban Missile Crisis
of 1962 threw a temporary monkey wrench into the program
when President John F. Kennedy intervened personally and
stopped the nuclear arming of Cuba; and for doing that, he
lost his life in Dallas barely a year later.  His successor,
Lyndon Johnson, made sure that he followed the script more
carefully. In the wake of the Cuban crisis, Russia needed a
new forward base in the Caribbean area for strategic
purposes until the heat was off in Cuba.  To accommodate
Russia, Guyana was selected for this purpose; and David
Rockefeller saw to it that a Marxist named Forbes Burnham
became Prime Minister.  In return, the Chase Manhattan Bank
became fiscal agent for Guyana, giving Rockefeller access to
the gold produced in Guyana; and as a key factor in all
this, then President Lyndon Johnson in 1965 turned over the
formerly American Air Base, Atkinson Field, to Guyana.
America's right to retain control over the Base for several
more decades was simply thrown away without excuse.
Atkinson Field, which was renamed Temehri Airfield, is south
of Georgetown, the capital city.  This is the airfield to
which American helicopters carried bodies to be airlifted to
America after the Jonestown disaster this month.  When
Johnson gave the Temehri Airfield to Marxist Guyana, he
handed Russia a very large plum indeed.  The Temehri
Airfield is the largest in all of Latin America, larger even
than New York's largest airport, the John F. Kennedy
Airport; and its location makes it ideal for ferrying Cuban
troops and supplies to Africa.  As a result, Johnson's
action on behalf of the Rockefellers robbed the United
States of an important logistic connection to Africa while
opening the door for Cuban troops. Our troubles years later
with the Cuban troops in Angola and elsewhere in Africa are
partly the result.

   For a number of years, Russian military activity in
   Guyana was
heavily concentrated around the vicinity of the Temehri
Airfield. In fact, when I first reported the Russian
missiles in Guyana in 1974, they were emplaced in sites that
ringed the Airfield. Within the past two years, however, the
missiles were pulled out from these locations and moved to a
separate missile complex west of Georgetown.  In this new
complex, the missiles were deployed at sites scattered over
an area some 30 miles across.  In the approximate center was
a Command and Control installation commanded by Russian
personnel.  After this missile base relocation was
completed, the missile complex was centered at a point about
70 miles northwest of Temehri Airfield; and roughly another
70 miles to the northwest lay the Peoples Temple Commune at
Jonestown, an Israeli-type kibbutz.  So the missile base
ended up about midway between the Jonestown commune and
Temehri Airfield.  It was no accident, my friends, that the
Peoples Temple kibbutz was located so close to the missile
base.  But the origins of the Peoples Temple in the 1950s
had nothing to do with government intrigue.  It was not
until about 1970 that certain elements of the United States
Intelligence community began to infiltrate and subvert the
Peoples Temple.  As I have explained in the past, it's
always been standard practice by the Rockefeller brothers to
support not only the faction in power but also spies and
opponents to that faction.  In this way they are always in a
position, at least in theory, to cut down anyone who tries
to break free of their control.  In the case of Guyana, the
Rockefellers wanted to have such a tool in Guyana as a check
on Forbes Burnham, the Prime Minister, whom they had put in
power with their money.  Certain elements within the United
States Intelligence community under general coordination by
the CIA were given the task of finding ways of accomplishing
this.

   In the course of evaluating various options, it was
   concluded
that the Peoples Temple would prove ideal.  The
psychological profile of the leader, Jim Jones, indicated
that he could be converted into a powerful tool of our
Unseen Rulers.  Contrary to reports in the controlled major
media, Jim Jones was born a Jew, and he already exhibited
tendencies toward kibbutz-style organization that could be
channeled into useful directions. This would be brought
about through a combination of both conscious and
unconscious factors.  At the conscious level, money and
powerful political support would be channeled in his
direction; at the unconscious level, the technique of
psychological programming, which I described in some of my
early Audioletters, would be employed.  Gradually, Jim Jones
would lose control of his own personality and become what
our Unseen Rulers wanted him to be.  The process would
inevitably create tremendous internal conflicts and turn Jim
Jones into a troubled and dangerous man--and that my
friends, was what was done.

   By 1973 changes in Jones' behavior began to be noticed by
   his
friends and followers.  His conversion into a semiconscious
agent of death and intrigue was underway in earnest.  That
same year the mushrooming funds of the Peoples Temple were
used to launch the agricultural kibbutz at Jonestown,
Guyana, though only a few people went there at that time.
Guyana is a rigid Marxist police state, and no one could
have launched a new enterprise like the Commune without its
approval by Forbes Burnham; but David Rockefeller agents
made sure that Burnham received all the assurances he needed
that the Jones compound would fit neatly into the Marxist
environment of Guyana.  And at the same time, Forbes Burnham
had begun double-crossing David Rockefeller, exactly as
feared.  He was playing ball politically but he was hiding
much of Guyana's gold production in caves in the mountains.
David Rockefeller found this out some time later, but by
then the much bigger problem was developing of a
double-cross by Russia so Burnham was left untouched in
order to make way for bigger things.

   When I began warning radio listeners all across America
   about
the Guyana missiles during the summer of 1974, the
Rockefeller brothers were still in bed with the Kremlin.
There were already ominous signs that something was
happening in Russia which they did not understand; but they
simply could not imagine that their old Kremlin allies, the
Bolsheviks, were being overthrown.  And so my public
warnings about Guyana missiles were denied and ridiculed by
Government spokesmen, who were lying.  A carefully
programmed Nuclear War was being planned for the late 1970s
and they did not want the plan to be spoiled by public
awareness; but two years later Russia's all-out military
double-cross of America began with the Underwater Missile
Crisis of 1976.  Most of you know about that crisis, which
the Government kept silent about, but which I detailed in
Audioletters 14 through 16.  Our Unseen Rulers were badly
shaken by that surprise and initially tried to reinstate
their secret alliance with the Kremlin rulers.  After all,
they had succeeded in doing so once before after President
Kennedy broke the rules and made an issue of the Cuban
missiles; but meanwhile they also began setting in motion
contingency plans to gear up for a possible real war.

   The Guyana missile base was one of the major targets of
   this
revised planning.  When this planning began more than two
years ago, the Space Battle of the Harvest Moon still lay a
year in the future.  It seemed inconceivable that America
could lose its secret beam-weapons base which was soon to be
operational on the moon; and so long as they had this Moon
Base to depend on, our Unseen Rulers thought they could not
lose.  But in light of the Underwater Missile double-cross,
they wanted to be able to pull as many of Russia's military
teeth as possible.  In this way, their destruction of Russia
would be even more complete than originally planned.

   The planners of Operation Guyana were given a difficult
problem to solve.  The objective was to wipe out the Russian
missile base in Guyana thereby removing the threat it posed
to the Panama Canal and southern American cities; but this
was to be a pre-war operation carried out covertly and with
complete surprise.  It had to be covert, because neither the
United States nor Russia could afford to have it known that
the base ever existed; and the surprise had to be complete,
because with even the briefest warning the base could be
reinforced and defended by Cuban troops.  From these
requirements it was concluded that a commando-style raid
would be necessary, something like the Israeli raid at
Entebbe Airport in Uganda in July 1976.  Any other kind of
attack would have required that our leaders do what
President Kennedy did in 1962, and that is: Tell the
American people what was afoot and ask for our support.  And
at all cost, the one thing our Unseen Rulers were determined
not to do was to tell you and me anything.  The problem then
arose--how to get the joint attacking forces into Guyana in
a force large enough and fast enough to do the job.  Wiping
out a major missile base like that in Guyana after all is no
small task and it takes experience.  It was concluded that
somehow some very sudden, massive, compelling excuse would
have to be provided in order to enable the secret joint
military forces to enter Guyana temporarily.  The excuse,
whatever it was, would have to be so visible as to tie
Russia's hands so that Russia could not retaliate in Guyana
without giving away what she had been up to there; and the
excuse, whatever it was, would have to appear non-military
yet require military expertise.  Furthermore, some provision
would have to be made for all casualties in the missile-base
attack to be removed from Guyana after the raid, otherwise
their presence in Guyana could have been made the basis of
an international incident trumped up around some different
story unrelated to the secret missile base.  For example,
the government of Guyana, following Russian dictates, might
have publicly displayed the bodies of the joint military
forces killed in the attack and said they were killed in an
attempted coup d'etat against Forbes Burnham.  It was a very
big order, but the Jonestown kibbutz proved to be the
answer.  All that was necessary was to arrange for many
hundreds of American citizens to die suddenly in Guyana and
under conditions guaranteeing instant massive publicity.

   The sheer enormity of the tragedy would require military
involvement, and the location of Jonestown was made to
order. Helicopters commuting between the Temehri Airfield
and Jonestown would naturally fly over the missile
complex--whose details were known in spite of expert
camouflage.  This meant that joint special armed forces
could be set down near the perimeters of the missile base
and later recovered, along with casualties, with relative
ease.  And as the reporters at the Temehri Airfield watched
helicopters leaving to the northwest and return from the
same direction, they were led to assume that all were going
to and from Jonestown 150 miles away.  They had no way of
knowing that many of the flights were to and from the
Russian missile base, which lay in the same direction but
only half as far away.

   When it was decided to use mass deaths at Jonestown as a
   cover
for the missile-base attack, Jonestown was functioning only
as an outpost of the Peoples Temple.  There were not enough
people there to provide a sufficiently major incident to
serve the intended purpose, and so through both direct and
indirect means Jim Jones was persuaded to go to the Guyana
kibbutz himself, taking as many of his flock as would follow
him.  That turned out to be about 25 to 30%, and by
following him they automatically identified themselves as
the group most highly dependent upon Jones personally.  They
were also most susceptible to the combined influences of
exhaustion, intimidation, and isolation from outside
help--in other words, right for brainwashing.  And ever
since the days of the Korean war, it's been known
conclusively that brainwashing techniques can force many
people to do all kinds of things.  Even hardened American
GI's in Korea fell victim to brainwashing in surprising
numbers because they did not understand what they were up
against.  But of course the Jonestown victims were anything
but hardened soldiers.

   In August 1977 Jim Jones left for Guyana with his large
sacrificial flock.  That same month, United Nations
Ambassador Andrew Young carried a message to Prime Minister
Forbes Burnham of Guyana.  He said that under certain
conditions the United States and the World Bank would
increase its aid to Guyana--that is, line Burnham's pockets
by a factor of ten times more than previous levels.  And so
the key disaster of Jonestown was set in motion in a day
shortly before the Battle of the Harvest Moon last year.

   To trigger the whole tragedy in the glare of publicity,
   the
interest of late Congressman Leo J. Ryan was developed and
programmed; and as the time approached for Congressman Ryan
to make his anticipated trip to Guyana, other activities
were set in motion on the diplomatic and military stage.  It
was essential that Russia's attention be diverted away from
Guyana until too late to take action to protect the missile
base.  Russia's prize in the Western Hemisphere, of course,
is Cuba; and so in the final days before the Battle of
Guyana on Thanksgiving Day 1978, the trumped up MiG-23
crisis--remember that?--was used to divert Russian attention
to Cuba.  Only too late did the Kremlin discover that the
real target was not Cuba but Guyana.

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list.
Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed.
Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid matters
and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis-
directions and outright frauds—is used politically by
different groups with major and minor effects spread
throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being
said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and
always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL
gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not
apply.

============ Archives Available at:
 <A
 HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html";>Archi
 ves of

 <A
 HREF="http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/";>ctrl</

email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED]