-Caveat Lector-

From: saba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Go ahead June show your ignoroance; for your information the King James
>Bible to which I referred was translated from the original Greek Texts -
>hence the term I am the Alpha and the Omega.

I never said ANYTHING regarding the KJV being translated from Greek texts,
original or otherwise; point of fact, the translators availed themselves of
ALL sources that were available to them at the time, including the oldest
Greek and Latin versions still in existance.  And they then inserted a
caveat into their introduction to the translation warning against taking
their translation as 'the gospel truth' (pun intended), as they recognized
that discoveries of older texts that may be made in the future would give
additional information that would affect translations into English; they
noted that they did the best they could with what they had available to
work with, but that future discoveries could rightly modify their work...

What I was referring to in my post was your claim that your ancestors
worked on the translation in the 1800s; the KJ bible was created during the
reign of James I of England, in the 1600s...

>You will note the Hebrew alphabet is used in the 119th Psalm - more
>ritual murders.

Well since Psalms is part of the OLD Testament, of course it would be
originally spoken, and then later written down, in Hebrew...

>Further Jesus Christ closed the book at Isiah 60 and blew off the whole
>god damned bunch.

You once admitted that you not only do NOT attend church, but that you
don't particularly even BELIEVE anything that is written in the Bible...so
why do you consistently go off on wild tangents regarding what you think
anything in the Bible 'means'?

>My ancesators and relatatives on my mother's side in particular were ALL
>Greek and Latin scholars virtually

Are these the same ancestors and relatives who descend from Charlemagne and
King Arthur and who have hobnobbed with all manner of royalty, the
Kennedys, and the Mafia?

Well perhaps these obsessive pursuers of
The-Lifestyles-of-the-Rich-and-Famous-Throughout-History were indeed Greek
and Latin scholars...but YOU, my dear Colleen, ARE NOT.  And your manic
meandering posts regarding your hallucinations on holy writ prove it.

June