-Caveat Lector-
From: Don S. Brown
>Well, I must say that I really do not understand what you are saying.
>I apologize as it seems that English is not your native language

Well Colleen claims to live in the U.S. and come from a long line going back to the Revolution (note 'her' claim that an ancestor was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence), 'she' even claims to have worked as an editor at one time, so presumably English is 'her' native tongue, even if 'she' uses it poorly...

>and your style of writing is very confusing to me.  I am sure the fault
>is mine.

Not at all; rather it is Colleen's thought processes which are confused...

>Actually, I was not directing my comments towards you. I was directing
>them to the all of the members that use the bible as an historical reference
>towards people and events.

Which Colleen indeed does, even tho 'she' claims not to believe in the Bible...

>The Egyptians that documented which way the wind was blowing when Pharaoh
>farted never wrote of any Jewish Exodus or destruction of Egyptian armies by a sea
>closing in on them.

Perhaps because the ancient Egyptians never wrote of their defeats, only their victories...and losing a couple of hundred thousand slaves, ostensibly due to divine intervention on the part of the slaves and not for Pharaoh would NOT be something the Egyptians would care to document for all eternity to read...

BTW, I am DEFINITELY no thumper and I am the last to push the Bible as inerring historical fact...but you, OTOH, are only presenting personal opinion that isn't supported by recent archeological discoveries and modern biblical-era scholarship...

>Never happened. The myths and stories of the Jews were taken from legends of
>the Babylonians (Hammurabi's texts), the Egyptians, who traded with the northern
>peoples (cannanites) and others.

And don't forget the Assyrian myths that were also borrowed...

I agree that the majority of the Bible is based on myths from earlier 'pagan' civilizations...but that doesn't mean that the myths don't contain an element of truth... ;-)

For example, here in the U.S. we have a secular myth regarding George Washington chopping down a cherry tree as a boy and throwing a silver dollar across the Delaware River; while these myths are not objectively 'true', they DO contain subjective truths...and the fact that they are myths doesn't change the fact that George Washington WAS an actual person who DID have a significant impact on our history and culture...

June

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply. Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED] http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ ctrl ======================================================================== To subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SUBSCRIBE CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] To UNsubscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] Om