-Caveat Lector- Joshua:

Let this be my "straw man," then.

Fair enough :-)

But, Edward, as long as you rail against social movements as straw men
without qualification. . .

Beg pardon, but I nearly always provide qualification (often in the form of open apology).  It usually comes later in sought-after exchange.

 (and you do realize that you have your own opinions),
then not all of it is devil's advocate.

Of course not, but normally, my opinions would hardly stir the kind of information or dialogue I seek or, admittedly, further a particular agenda. Straw men, on the other hand, do.  In the case of the subject at issue, my opinions are mixed.  The (My) provocative posts obviously reflect the first of a two-stage process which you aptly touched on previously: 1. visceral reaction, and 2. intellectual reaction.

My agenda, were such not obvious in this case, is to present an otherwise untreated--but ominously real--alternate viewpoint.  Fortunately for everyone, I think, the list owner allows this kind of contrast.

You do have your own reasons for
posting, not all of them experimental

Correct.  Very perceptive.

- in fact, I'd say that few are.

Incorrect.  Check the archives.  True, my posts reflect various agendas, but approximately fifty percent of them are to some degree "experimental."

Thanks for your thoughtful response, however.

No problem.  Nevertheless, I found the idea of leaving the impression that I was in favor of some kind of holocaust quite unsettling even if there have been moments when I have coldly pondered the strategic advantage of such.

Edward   ><+>

"
UFOs exist.   It's the Air Force that's only in science fiction."~GB+
http://www.global-connector.com
<A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>