-Caveat Lector-

I know exactly what you mean. I was brought up Roman Catholic, and we
never did Bible study in Catholic school. I went to Sunday School at
the Baptist church (because they let girls sing in the choir) and Bible
study there fell under "trivial pursuit" -- we played games involving
knowing the names and events, but we never studies the whys and
wherefores. For most Christians -- and I've found this to be true in
Catholic, Fundamentalist, and mainline Protestant denominations --
faith is kept simple, summed up in John 3:16. The biggest use their
Bibles get is for recording family births, marriages, and deaths in the
dozen or so blank pages between the Testaments. Start talking about the
historical or political situation behind the Bible stories and their
eyes kind of glaze over......

Tenorlove

http://finance.yahoo.com