-Caveat Lector-

> Look - personally - I consider myself American ( actually a new Yorker,
> which isn't the same - post 9/11 propaganda notwithstanding) and that is
> enough for me.
> Not Italian Jews in one place American Jews in another, but a place where
> people of Jewish ethnicity have self rule. It is exactly what the
> Palestinians want now. The parallels are quite close - Its not like
> Palestinians were ever separate from the rest of the Arab world, except
by
> European colonial mapmaking. So I could ask why does there need to be a
> Palestinian Islamic Arab homeland, why don't they just accept living in
some
> other place as "Syrian Palestinians?" It makes as much sense.

You are begging the issue. Palestinians live in Palestine (W Bank, Gaza,
etc) Israeli Jews and Arabs live in Israel. Obviously those who presently
live in those places consider those places their 'homeland.'

Whether you are an American Jew or American Irish, America is YOUR
homeland unless you decide to immigrate someplace else - then
that place becomes your 'homeland'. American Jews or American
Irish do not need another 'homeland' and to put the quest for an
emotional 'homeland' above the interest of your real homeland is
wrong and an insult to your fellow citizens.

I resent my tax dollars being used by pandering politicians who put
their own political self interest above my country's interest. I abhore my
tax dollars being spent to support state terrorism to further the interest
of an apartheid, racist Theocracy just as I resent my tax dollars being
used to support the Egyptian police state.
flw