From: Prudy L
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2002 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Carl Levin rebuffs

-Caveat Lector- How interesting.  Has anyone else noted that the Jewish members of our Congress  appear to be wholeheartedly in favor of war with Iraq.  I was startled when Mr. Lieberman decided to disagree with Al Gore, and then I recalled the words of the beautiful blonde woman (whose name I do not recall} who was being interviewed in Miami a short time ago.  She, her husband, and their two children were leaving for Israel to live in a settlement.  They were obviously well off, well educated people.  She responded to a journalist's question with the answer:  "Yes, of course we are Americans, but "first" we are Jews."   I know  that Senator Lieberman does not claim dual citizenship, but perhaps that is not necessary to feel a deep allegiance to Israel's interests.  We can only hope that such deep allegiance to Israeli interests  does not overshadow allegiance to the interests of all citizens of the United States, and that careful consideration be made of all concerns related to a war in which American lives will be forfeit.

Prudy
<A HREF="http://www.ctrl.org/">www.ctrl.org</A> DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. ======================================================================== Archives Available at: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html <A HREF="http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/archives/ctrl.html">Archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>