-Caveat Lector-

9/28/02 7:52:04 PM, Jim Rarey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>  Good point. Christians ( whose first allegiance is to Christ) are Christians
>  first and Americans second. Does that make them disloyal Americans?

The point IS that without being an American (Constitution, et cetera), it wouldn't
matter
what a person believed ... it just might be illegal.  I usually find this as somewhat
of a
humourously perplexing frustration in that people take for granted that they can be
whatever they want to be spiritually AND the reason they can take it for granted is
they are
entitled by law to believe or not to believe as they choose.  Go to China for example
and
announce you are a Falun Gung ... or to Germany and be a Hitleristiciser ... or to
Talebanland and announce you want to spread the Glockenspiel ... good luck!

It is because of the manmade laws being somewhat Universalist that allow the individual
factions to engage in their hobbies pertaining to spiritual mythology.  Take them laws
away
few a while and see what dragons arise as the equivalent to the Talebanisticisers ...
or just
like Uncle Joe Stalin ... or ... or ... Cuzzin' George who am designated by G*D to be
leader
of these them U.S. at this point in history ... jes' think a spell ... AG Ashcroft
able to dictate
what kind of salad oil with which to annoint one's self ... and remember Dick "the Tin
Man"
Cheney won't have the heart ...

Some people think they are golfers then Americans, too, I'll bet ... and they, as a
group,
probably get up early on Sunday morning more religiously than some others who are
'sposed to get up early for religious Sunday.

A<>E<>R

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth
shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway