Johan Vromans wrote:

Anthony Thyssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

What I would like to have (ideally) is a wrapper program that can be
run with:

that starts <program>, waits for its request to map the main window,
and then applies the desired <geomery> for it.

I think ctwm could handle this easily, if there was a way to inform
ctwm about the requested geometry information.

-- Johan
One idea would be to use xrdb to set ressources on the server. These resources are stored as a property of the root window (do xprop -root to see this in action). Ctwm can read this
property and perform the necessary actions.

echo 'Gimp.geometry: -0-0' | xrdm -merge
xprop -root

   This shouls work fine.

      Claude.

--
Claude Lecommandeur           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EPFL - PL-DIT = KIS           +41 21 6932297

This signature intentionally left boring.