In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 23 Nov 2007 06:52:03 -0600, "Matthew D.
Fuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

fullermd> On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 01:41:35PM +0100 I heard the voice of
fullermd> Richard Levitte, and lo! it spake thus:
fullermd> >
fullermd> > Ah, and the following explains it:
fullermd>
fullermd> So, the question is, what should be done differently to
fullermd> avoid these broken bits (or at least pitfalls) in the
fullermd> future?  Surely there's some answer less annoyingly manual
fullermd> than setting certs on a bunch of revisions one at a time
fullermd> (and hoping not to miss any).

One way, a bit complicated but still workable:  I would simply have
kept hacking and committing into free.lp.se:X.ctwm in a separate
database (ctwm.fullermd), and when it was time to merge the work with
the trunk, I would have pulled from the main database (ctwm), merged,
pushed back and then pushed to guardian.

Even simple, though, is to just keep one database, but then hack away
as needed, maybe in a separate workspace, commit whenever you feel
like, and when you're done, pull from guardian, merge and push.

There's a description of a workflow model that touches this issue in
http://www.venge.net/mtn-wiki/DaggyFixes .

After all, monotone offers excellent merging capabilities.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis