On Tue, Jan 06, 2009, Richard Levitte wrote about "Re: [ctwm] Fullscreen
mplayer on ctwm":
> I've standardised it with a ~/.mplayer/config that looks like this:
>
>   vo=sdl
>   fs=yes
>   monitoraspect=1.6
>
> The monitoraspect is because my laptop has a wide screen

I will try to answer the rest of your questions tomorrow, and try further
tests, but in the meantime I just want to point out that the fullscreen
problem that I mentioned happens only if you use vo=xv, not with vo=sdl.
sdl apparently (but I am not sure - I didn't look at the code) uses its own
mechanism for going full screen, and this mechanism does indeed work, like
you saw. But with vo=xv, mplayer needs to deal with going full-screen on its
own.

The "xv" (XVideo) mode is the most efficient one to use if you have one of
the "accelerator" cards out there (e.g., any NVidia card) because all the
video scaling is done in the graphics hardware, not through the X-Windows
software; Thanks to the XVideo extension, I can view a full-screen video with
just a few percent (!) of the CPU being utilized. I believe that "xv" is
also the default mode for mplayer.

So can you try again with "-vo xv"?

Thanks,
Nadav.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jan  6 2009, 11 Tevet 5769