> Anyway, it doesn't fully work with this option either, but it helped me
> identify the problem in more detail: AlwaysOnTop is the culprit.

I think I know this bug.  So, I'm probably to blame for it, and many
times at that: I wrote the AlwaysOnTop code, I bumped into this bug, and
I even fixed it.  The only problem is that the fix is in my
OnTopPriority patch (which introduces 16 planes rather than only
"normal" and "alwaysontop", so you can place things above or below
normal windows and above or below the other ones that are themselves
"always on top") and that patch was never included in ctwm (mostly
because it uses ANSI C constructs and ctwm was K&R back then).

So, I guess I really should try and clean up my patch to integrate it.
Thing is: it's a rather large patch.

        Stefan