On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Michael George wrote:

I changed my LANG setting from en_US.UTF-8 to C and now everything works
correctly.  I'm not well-versed enough in what the LANG variable does to
know how that affected things -- I'll have to research some.

It had been nice to see this been fixed for ever, at least I have switched to UTF-8 as have the need of being able to use both CJK and Scandinavian chars at the same time.

I'll also have to test and see if using one of the iso8859's might
be safe...

ISO should be safe, I haven't experienced the big title bar issue using iso-8859-1.

--
     //Aho

  E-Mail: tr...@iname.com                   URL: http://www.kotiaho.net/
     ICQ: 13696780                                         Skype: jo_aho
  System: Linux System                        (PPC7447/1000 AMD K8/2500)