On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Dmitry Karpov via curl-library wrote:

I noticed a strange regression related to header API when migrated from 7.84 to 8.5.0, and I see the same issue in TOT branch. The issue is that the header API returns '\r' as a header value when some service returns a header with no value (like: hdr: \r\n).

The 7.84 returns expected empty string in such cases. Is a bug or some behavior change?

I could not spot when this broke. To me it looks like the logic was always wrong (and the test case did not verify blank header content):

 https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/12675

--

 / daniel.haxx.se