On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Samuel Henrique via curl-library wrote:

Is it possible to build with MultiSSL (with openssl and gnutls), having support for http3 only when gnutls is used?

In a conversation today with Stefan and Dan, we touched on this subject and this idea came alive:

HTTP/3 actually does not strictly need multissl (selecting a TLS backend out of multiple at run-time), but could also be satisfied simply by allowing the build to use *different* TLS libraries for QUIC as it uses for TCP+TLS.

Ie, we *could* use for example OpenSSL for all protocols including HTTPS with HTTP/1 and HTTP/3 and allow the build to use GnuTLS or wolfSSL for QUIC to support HTTP/3.

Right now the build does not allow such a mix but making it work with that would probably be less work than full-fledged multissl for QUIC.

--

 / daniel.haxx.se