Well, this area of the serialization should have no JDK differences.
Not sure what would cause it.

That said, some hints:

Is it our normal JAX-WS + JAXB?
Is is wrapped doc/lit and using "wrapper" objects?
    If the answer to both is yes, then it really is completely in the
JAXB runtime to do the serialization.   The breakpoint you would want
would be in the JAXBEncoderDecoder marshal method.

If it's RPC/lit, it would be in
RPCOutInterceptor

If it's Doc/Lit/Wrapped without the JAX-WS wrapper types, it would be the
WrappedOutInterceptor (see note about this below)

If it's Doc/Lit/Bare, the BareOutInterceptor, but again probably
delegates to JAXB/Aegis via the "writeParts" method of the
AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor superclass.

One thing I must add though:
Check the CXF version.   Version 2.0 DID output with the
<Vendor xmlns:ns2="some:namespace">
form.   That was changed for 2.0.1 where the WrappedOutInterceptor was
updated to always namespace prefix the wrapper element.   2.0.2 is being
released today (already at the download location, waiting for sites to
sync before sending the announcment).

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp