Hi thanks a lot for information. I am not very experienced regarding binding
styles but I presume that we are using doc/lit/wrapped. We are suing stubs
and here is how the stub looks like:

@WebService(targetNamespace = "http://sapdev06.webmeth65.osl.no/";, name
= "NoMilSapMaterial_WebServicePortType")

public interface NoMilSapMaterialWebServicePortType {

    @WebResult(targetNamespace = "", name = "Material")
    @RequestWrapper(localName = "Material", targetNamespace
= "sapdev06material.com", className = "com.sapdev06material.Material")
    @ResponseWrapper(localName = "Response", targetNamespace
= "sapdev06material.com", className = "com.sapdev06material.Response")
    @WebMethod(operationName = "Material")
    public
java.util.List<localhost.nomilsapmaterial.webservice.senditem.ResponseMaterial>
material(
        @WebParam(targetNamespace = "", name = "Item")
        java.util.List<com.sapdev06material.Material.Item> item
    );
}

What's strange to me, that if I debug a get to the BareOutInterceptor, which
calls JAXBEncoderDecoder. This thing seems to be not consisten with your
described cases. Am I wrong (may be it is the first case)?

I encounter now also one more strange thing: When we ommit saaj-impl from the
classpath on AIX and there is no SOAPFault (because that's the case saaj-impl
is needed), there is prefix generated (we see <ns2:Vendor xmlns:ns2=....>) If
we put this saaj-impl back on classpath, it is generated again without
prefix. Again be aware that this magic happens only on AIX with IBM java :-)

Best Regards

--
Jiri Mikulasek

AURA, s.r.o.