Hello Benson:

@XmlAnyElement came up in the JAXB forum as well,  but I don't understand
how it applies to my problem. For one thing, the javadoc for XmlAnyElement
only discusses unmarshaling, so I'm not sure it applies to marshaling as
well. Even if it does, I don't want to parse the legacy XML and hand over an
Element.

However, would it be possible to use JAXBElement and set is value to the XML
String? Will that then get marshaled and not be escaped?  I'll have to try
that.

Thanks,

Jeff