I think XmlAnyElement might work if you also write a DomHandler that does
something with StreamSource/StreamResults instead of the DOM elements.
You would create a StreamSource using a StringReader that wraps your
string.   That MIGHT work.   Don't really know.

Honestly, this sounds like an ideal case for MTOM.   Use a "Source" as
your type.   You can say it will be an "text/xml" mime type.   It will
then be attached as a mime attachment untouched.   The soap processors
don't have to touch it at all.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp